AMD X4 965 standard fan goes on 5000RPM and the CPU is 40° hot

G

I've bought an MSI 770-G45 motherboard and an AMD Phenom II X4 965. I've put it all together with some thermal compound. The sound of the cpu cooler scared me really badly. The BIOS said it goes around 5000RPM or higher and the CPU is still not an icecube.
I've checked the Cool'n'Quiet option, the smartfan option is set on 50°C, and the fan generates some kind of tornado. I didn't find any kind of real solutions for this problem. I would appreciate any ideas and thougts. :sweat:

What are your CPU volts?

IS C&Q enabled and working ?

Have you set your power options in Windows?

Have you tried a third-party app like SpeedFan?

My fan is at 894rpm 32c with C&Q, and ambient 'hotter than the face of the Sun' (or ... at least, feels that way).

I've got a 0.025v under-volt.

G

C&Q is enabled but it seems not working, I don't know.
The CPU voltage values in AIDA (average):
CPU core: 1.2 V
+3.3V 3.3 V
+5 V 5.15 V
+12 V 12.08 V
+3.3 V standby 3.320 V

henydiah, the biggest problem with the 5000RPM that the fan digests a nucear reactors year-round production and not the noise, but if it continues this chainsaw-like sound, I will hang myself up soon on a power cable.
However, thank you for the idea of Hyper 212+, if there aren"t any other options, I have to invest in this.

wisecracker: I tried the windows power option changing but it didn't help.
The SpeedFan can take down my fan speed, but when my CPU is on 39°C and the fan goes on 4200, if I slow down the cooler, the CPU sould take some extra heat and I dont want boil my processor up to 60° :??:
So I think there's a problem with the CPU power usage, maybe the cooler just tries to keep it cool. I think this heat with this RPM is abnormal, leastwise you said your cooler is at 894 RPM and your processor is on room temperature, so yours can't heat up like mine. :heink:

G

BIOS disabled: it means the C&Q disabled? So my options are set in correctly, but my CPU is damaged or something?

C&Q is enabled but it seems not working, I don't know.
The CPU voltage values in AIDA (average):
CPU core: 1.2 V

+3.3V 3.3 V
+5 V 5.15 V
+12 V 12.08 V
+3.3 V standby 3.320 V

henydiah, the biggest problem with the 5000RPM that the fan digests a nucear reactors year-round production and not the noise, but if it continues this chainsaw-like sound, I will hang myself up soon on a power cable.
However, thank you for the idea of Hyper 212+, if there aren"t any other options, I have to invest in this.

wisecracker: I tried the windows power option changing but it didn't help.
The SpeedFan can take down my fan speed, but when my CPU is on 39°C and the fan goes on 4200, if I slow down the cooler, the CPU sould take some extra heat and I dont want boil my processor up to 60° :??:
So I think there's a problem with the CPU power usage, maybe the cooler just tries to keep it cool. I think this heat with this RPM is abnormal, leastwise you said your cooler is at 894 RPM and your processor is on room temperature, so yours can't heat up like mine. :heink:

Bottom Line: More Volts = More Heat

"Average" volts don't mean anything. You need to report your voltage settings in the BIOS. You also need to report your volts from within Windows at both idle and at load.

Using *Auto* settings is bad mojo. Many motherboards simply over-volt on *Auto* VCore. Most likely, your CPU volts are just too dang high and that is driving your temps, and that is driving your fan speeds. Got that?

Drop Your Volts

:lol: