Water cooling kit for £46? ($90)

surgeklick

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...hvd19wcm9kdWN0X3Jldmlld3M=&product_uid=125162

I'm currently building a Q6600 system (GA-P35C-DS3R, 7900gs, 2x T166 320mb RAID 0, 2 x 1gb OCZ Platinum 6400, OCZ Stealthxtreme 600w) and I'm planning to overclock. I want this system to last at least 3 years, so I won't be overclocking to the limits and cooling will be important. I'm going to reuse my Antec Sonata case.

Does anyone know if the water cooling kit linked above is any good? Also, is it definatley a full kit? I want it to cool my GPU and CPU. It's very cheap so I'm suspitious it's either a very poor or imcomplete kit.

It is a weak water cooling kit. It isn't the best you could buy, but not the worst, either. It is closer to the worst than the best though. It does not cool the cpu as effectively as high-end cpu heatsinks such as the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme or Tuniq Tower 120.

The only true advantage of this cooler is that it cools the cpu and gpu.

For overclocking, I would definitely not recommend this cooling system. There are cheaper and better ways to cool your system.