Thunderbird 850 at 59ºC

G

i had posted...i guess two or three questions about this and i'm afraid the temperature is not ok.It starts more or less at 95ºF/35ºC and after 5 minutes it reaches 131ºF/55ºC, so is that ok?? and mainboard, an ASUS A7V,is more or less 93ºF/35ºC.What i want to know is what temperature marks and asus PCProbe in any user who has an AMd Athlon 850, Geforce2 MX,ASUS A7V and even if they have a special cooler, because my cooling fan runs at 3755 rpm approx. I'm desperated, plz i need HELP!!!!!.THNX ;oP

*-Intelligence runs after me, but i'm speedier-*

G

Are you overclocking? If you are then those temps wouldn't sit nice with most overclockers, if you aren't overclocking then that is bad. I'd suggest you get a good heatsink and maybe some thermal compound if you want to be extra careful. Good coolers are OFRIO, Globalwin WBK, Alpha PAL 6035 and the best thermal compound is artic silver II.

G

Obviously the lower the better, especially if you're o/c ing. But don't freak out and mount you're computer to you're window, 59c will run just fine...+5 or +10c more and you had better find a better hs/compound/fan combo.

G

I have the same system (built from the How To: column). Here are my stats for comparison:
CPU = 47C/116F
MB = 38C/100F
CPU Fan = 4411 rpm

(I'm not yet overclocked)

Your's is a little higher. I think it's strange that your CPU temp will skyrocket so quickly, which to me means that your CPU fan isn't working well enough, or it's not connected well enough to the CPU to bleed off the heat - hence the increasing temp.

BTW, what kind of CPU fan are you using? I have a GlobalWin. Also, it's suggested that you don't use the thermal putty tape that comes with the fan, but use a thermal compound instead (I also use Artic Silver). Make sure there are no air bubbles to act as an insulator, and don't put so much on that is squishes off the CPU head, and onto the CPU block. That would mean you're transferring heat to the block when it should be going to the heatsink.

-Kevin

G

I also have some really great ideas on keeping you're computer in the shower. This NEW method should keep you're comp running very-very cool. Try it and let me know. You could mount the monitor to the shower head using zip ties and use the nicely built in soap holder in the tub portion for the mouse. *For EXPERIENCED users only*.

G

I did what you suggested. I even have a showerhead that can come off the wall so I mounted it right on the cpu. I don't know why but for some reason it isn't turning on. I checked the power cables and made sure everything is connected the rigth way. Can you help please?

G

My god, you didn't use the "MASSAGE" setting did you? NEVER-NEVER-NEVER use the massage setting directly on the cpu. Besides it's supposed to be more of a TRICKLING effect on the mobo only. I will usually coat the cpu w/something like O say JELLO or BUTTER to keep it from getting too sopping wet, i mean a little is fine but try and keep as much on the mobo as possible. YOU'RE FRIEND

How *YOU* can use you're shower as a cooling device

Diemos

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You guys are freaks, some hilarious stuff. Try the "razor method" for applying the thermal compound. Smoothout the compound with a razor on BOTH the HSF and the core. This not only prevents bubbles but also keeps compound from spilling onto the ceramic around the core. Also I would suggest the SuperORB from ThermalTake or the WBK FOP38 from GlobalWin. With the SuperOrb I get 52C(125F) after 24 hours of Prime95 @ 84F room temp w/ ArcticSilver on a 1K tbird at 1210(11x110). Check it out, Laterz.

"I yam what I yam!"