Help with a nice MoBo for i5 3570k for under £120

euphoria4949

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2012
Hi to all,

I was really hoping for a bit of help and advice about a MoBo for a new mid-level gaming build.

I'm buying from the UK and can buy from any UK site.
My budget is £100, maybe stretch to £120 if it was a bargain.
Must have an Optical port.
Would be running an i5 3570k Ivy and I want to try some light/mild OC'ing.
GPU would be a GTX 670.

Please forgive me if I've left out something really obvious and important, it's 1:30am here :sleep: =)

Thanks for your help

G

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 would do nicely and its under budget. ASRock Z77 Extreme6 is closer to your budget and its a hell of a board for the price

G

ahthurungnone gave a link for the extreme4

here is the extreme6

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157295

the extreme6 has triple power usb 2.0 ports [useful for external hard drives and usb wireless devices], firewire, front usb 3.0 3.5" panel, extra sata cables for hard drives/optical drives and a mini pci-e so you can put an internal laptop wireless card in it

euphoria4949

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2012
Thanks guys, I think I'm gonna go for the Extreme4. I had looked at that MoBo before I posted on here and it has good reviews, plus you guys all suggested it so I think that's the one for me =)
The Extreme6 is an extra £30/40 and I don't think I would benefit from the little extras that board has so I'll go for the 4.

Just want to say a big thanks to you all for your help and advice.
Cheers guys

G

the extreme4 is a good low/mid-range board with enough features to please most people