Best soundcard for £40 Sabertooth 990FX.

ichimaru

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Hi guys,

Could any of you recommend a PCI sound card for around £40 that's compatible with the motherboard listed above?

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
Realtek® ALC 892 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
Audio Feature :
- Absolute Pitch 192kHz/ 24-bit True BD Lossless Sound
- Blu-ray audio layer Content Protection
- ASUS Noise Filter
- Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel

The board already has great audio.

ichimaru

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Basically I'm making some let's play YT vids and I have a Roccat Kave 5.1 SS headset. I can't get any volume that's acceptable on the mic unless it's at 30 decibels, but that's just feedback heaven.

I used to use the same mic as Tobuscus the Yt'er but still I got feedback at 30 decicels.

I'll list what I've already tried..

- Turning the Decibels (Making mic recording output louder but creates unnecessary feedback)
- Recording externally in a different software like Audacity and trying to turn it up (Annoying feedback because of decibels)
- Checked for driver updates etc.
- Same difference in both stereo/5.1 headsets.
- CLEAN install of windows!

The only solution I can think of is a sound card. But how will that guarantee it will work?

Thanks.

EDIT: And on my sound mixer my headphones are controlled by the overall speakers. Even when I turn the sound down via my head set the sound on the system follows which shouldn't happen.

ichimaru

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Even on Skype. my friends tell me I'm really quite and if I turn mic boost to 30 decibels it fixes it but gives insane unbearable feedback.

sheepsnowadays

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012

I take it you installed your headset drivers and software already? There are a ton of settings in my headset software and had to turn my mic volume full in there as people were saying the same thing (too quiet) But i never experienced any feedback from doing this.

ichimaru

Honorable
May 3, 2012

I've researched it extensively and my headset, doesn't actually have any drivers.

http://www.roccat.org/Support/Gaming-Sound/ROCCAT-Kave-5-1/