Sign in with
Your question

What is the difference? Crosshair V Formula » Crosshair V Formula-Z

Last response: in Motherboards
August 11, 2012 4:43:10 PM

What is the difference between the Crosshair V Formula and Crosshair V Formula-Z and where can i buy the Formula-Z?

Oh and will there be a Crosshair V Extreme or has it been replaced by the Formula-Z?

And should i buy a AMD FX-8150 now or wait for the FX-8350 if it will be released this year?
August 11, 2012 5:17:34 PM

GrandAndreasK said:
What is the difference between the Crosshair V Formula and Crosshair V Formula-Z and where can i buy the Formula-Z?

Oh and will there be a Crosshair V Extreme or has it been replaced by the Formula-Z?

And should i buy a AMD FX-8150 now or wait for the FX-8350 if it will be released this year?

Improvements for AMD’s existing FX ‘Bulldozer’ and future ‘Piledriver’ architecture, there are feature revisions:

Improved memory performance through higher attainable frequencies – even when using 4-DIMM. The term 2400MHz has been bandied about…

The improved Extreme Engine “Digi+II” which allows for an improved control over the CPU and memory for precision overclocking.

Improved high definition sound.

Improved Ethernet setup features with gamers in mind.

Windows 8 Ready with a Directkey Button/DRCT header, TPM header and FastBoot Switch.

A new and improved UEFI Bios containing a new 64MB worth of ROM and is Windows Fastboot Enabled which if I’ve read correctly, can launch you into the OS in around 2 seconds on the latest SSD’s.

OEM activation within BIOS.

I have no idea if there will be a Crosshair V Extreme and neither does anyone outside of ASUS, as far as I know...

Your decision regarding purchasing either the FX-8150 or 8350 is purely that, a personal choice. In my opinion the 8150 is plenty good enough, plus, when the 8350 is released, you can upgrade if you choose. The cost issue is another matter; because when the 8350 is released, surely the price on the 8150 will drop, although, at $160 - $200 price range, its pretty affordable now. So... Long story short, it's a decision you'll have to make on your own, based upon what you consider important to you alone.

Good luck!

August 11, 2012 5:29:20 PM

Tnx for the details :bounce:  but where do i buy the Formula-Z version online :sweat: 

cos all i can find on Newegg is the regular Formula?
August 11, 2012 11:15:34 PM

GrandAndreasK said:
Tnx for the details :bounce:  but where do i buy the Formula-Z version online :sweat: 

cos all i can find on Newegg is the regular Formula?

When ASUS releases it to the public I suspect you'll find a large number of online retailers that will be happy to part you from your hard earned money. Until that time, you'll just have to wait like the rest of us... Sorry ;) 

Related resources :
!