A7V8X-X What´s the maximum cpu upgrade on this board?

funnyvlad

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
I know that this is an old card and that a change to better should be motivated but the thing is that I am an amateur and wouldn´t dare to throw myself into such projects. So I wonder what cpu is possible for this card. If someone have experience with this budgetcard then your answer will be extra helpful.

Today I have a Amd XP 2600+(Thoroughbred 333 Mhz fsb) and I would like to upgrade to Barton 3200+(400Mhz fsb). Is it possible or do I have to change something in BIOS cause of the higher fsb on 3200+?

Any answers or thought will be extremely helpful

PS I had looked at Asus homepage but I couldnt find a satisfactory answer cause due to the old card the info is not updated there.

FACEBASH

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
Personally .. i wouldnt bother with anything other than a good Xp3200 {Barton core} Ive seen a lot of benchmarks { a while back mind you } Where the 333 fsb barton beats out the last in the socket class they made. that runs at 400 mhz.. In practice this would make one assme its faster.. the numbers higer so it should be right ?? .. sadly .. there were latencey issues and i never did hear any noise about a performance increase.. If you Must upgrade this Tired old Socket A board of yours.. Take the 3200.. And yes.. that motherboard WILL support barton core.. But may need bios flash..

Cheers.

chetross

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2006
I am currently running a barton2500/fsb333 on a7v8x-x and works fine. For a while it was 3200+(overclock - no problems).
So you should not experience any problems with the motherboard.