P4P800S SE £50_vs_P4P800S-E_Deluxe_£80

Is the P4P800S-E 60% better/faster (i.e. 60% more expensive) than the
P4P800S SE. I have a firewire card (via based firewire does not appeal),
gigabit ethernet I can live without unless the onboard intel chip results
in lower cpu usage than the realtek 10/100 on the P4P800S SE. Is there
anything I missed, why should I go for the more expensive board. Thanks.

Paul

Splendid

In article <7g8jq2c7vw$.sb2sk0q8lous.dlg@40tude.net>, joe public
<news.guy(remove.this)@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Is the P4P800S-E 60% better/faster (i.e. 60% more expensive) than the
> P4P800S SE. I have a firewire card (via based firewire does not appeal),
> gigabit ethernet I can live without unless the onboard intel chip results
> in lower cpu usage than the realtek 10/100 on the P4P800S SE. Is there
> anything I missed, why should I go for the more expensive board. Thanks.

Does one of them use the 848P Northbridge ? Then, that board would
be single channel, and would offer less memory bandwidth. Look on
a review site, like Tomshardware.com, for some benchmarks of how
much difference single channel versus dual channel makes.

http://www.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20031103/index.html

HTH,
Paul