I changed from BD7 to IC7 now win xp doesn´t boot

I have changed my motherboerd from BD7-raid to IC7-MAX. I wanted to use
the old Win XP pro installation but it always stopps during boot
sequence and starts rebooting. The Harddisk was plugged on the HPT on
BD7 and now I tried to boot from the "normal" IDE of my IC7-MAX.
What can I do to get my old installation running?

"mallo" <mallo@gmx.net> wrote in message news:40B9050F.5F5E@gmx.net...
>I have changed my motherboerd from BD7-raid to IC7-MAX. I
>Wanted to use the old Win XP pro installation but it always stopps
>during boot sequence and starts rebooting.

Not surprised. You can't simply swap installations round from one set of
hardware to another like that and expect everything to just carry on working
seamlessly. In addition to potential problems with Windows' product
activation process, you also have to contend with the change to the hardware
abstraction layer.

> What can I do to get my old installation running?

Seeing as you've already changed the disk over to the new PC, you'll have to
run a partial XP reinstall, creating the new abstraction layer in the
process. If you boot from your XP CD-ROM, you will eventually be offered the
choice to repair the existing installation. Take it, and after a few minutes
your system should be functional again. Just hope you made a backup of your
info first though, as this process occasionally vapes the existing
installation.
--

Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom