£850 to burn on a Dell...Suggestions please

As title, I'm a student going to University at the end of september. Looking
for a machine that will last, play all the latest games well, have a bit of
kudos in the halls and all for a mere £850 (could push to £900 though).
Anyone suggest a desktop machine from Dell (ie with specs) or anywhere else?

Cheers,

Jack

I don't know UK pricing, but the Dimension 9100 should be in your range.

Tom