Sign in with
Your question

‚

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
October 27, 2012 1:28:54 PM

Hey guys,
Im building a pc for a school project so i would like some help with my proposed build.
and any tips and tricks, and what you think my PC will be able to do in terms of gaming and such

this is my proposed build http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Fuzzybuddy/saved/

Thats not including Kingston HyperX PREDATOR 8GB ram, and fans, optical drives and other things, i don''t have the money to get a cooler so i will wait and get the intel water cooler soon after i buy this system

Feedback appreciated

Thanks

***This topic HAD a title.... I don't understand were it went though....***

More about : question

October 27, 2012 3:49:57 PM

I would recommend using i5-3570K, rather than i5-2500K. Better suited to Z77 mobo, better performance, features, native support for 1600MHz RAM, lower power consumption: definitely worth an extra $5.
Motherboard is quite good. If you need wi-fi, it may be worth spending an extra $25, for the slightly better Asus P8Z77-V, which has built in wi-fi, saving you having to buy seperate adapter.
For cooling (CPU), it's generally better to use air cooling, unless you are looking for agressive overclocking. Cheaper, and just as good (unless you spend a lot). Something like a CoolerMaster Hyper 212Evo is good for modest overclocks.
Kingston Ram isn't necessarily the best. Ideally get 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz 1.5v C9 DDR3, something like Corsair CML, GSKill Ares, or Crucial Ballistix Sport, then you know it won't clash, whatever CPU cooler you use.
Assuming you don't intend to add a 2nd GPU, you only really need 500w. Get a 550w, if you like. XFX is a good make, or Rosewill Hive has the advantage of being modular.
The GTX660 is decent, mid-range card. Most games will be playable at high. or ultra @1080p.
!