Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

New build for around £800(suggestions)

Last response: in Systems
Share
October 16, 2012 3:07:06 PM

Hello. I am building new PC form the scratch. Here is my current build http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/jlKB.

I am not thinking to OC alot, as long as GPU and CPU work fine. Mostly will be used for gaming, photoshop rendering, 3d modeling.

I have my old 9800GT and thinking of using it for Physx. Can I do that?

And should i get 2133 Ghz RAM or 1600 Ghz will be enough?

And I am not planning to SLI or CrossX

Cheers guys! :hello: 

More about : build 800 suggestions

October 16, 2012 10:56:38 PM

Quote:
I have my old 9800GT and thinking of using it for Physx. Can I do that?


You could but you're not going to get anything out of it.

Quote:
And should i get 2133 Ghz RAM or 1600 Ghz will be enough?


No - 1600 will be plenty - anything over will void your warranty.

That build you posted looks really good, the only thing I'd change would be that the 7950 is a better GPU than the 660TI for the same price.
October 17, 2012 3:32:58 AM

I would use the 9800gt as a physx card, But the thing is it uses a decent amount of power. I would go with 1600. What gpu do you want?
Related resources
October 17, 2012 6:59:34 AM

The 9800GT as a Physx would really depend on your setup. I only have a Physx card in mine because it really helps in Borderlands 2, as my GTX460 is not that fast.
October 17, 2012 7:49:03 AM

AlexAndr said:
Hello. I am building new PC form the scratch. Here is my current build http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/jlKB.

I am not thinking to OC alot, as long as GPU and CPU work fine. Mostly will be used for gaming, photoshop rendering, 3d modeling.

I have my old 9800GT and thinking of using it for Physx. Can I do that?

And should i get 2133 Ghz RAM or 1600 Ghz will be enough?

And I am not planning to SLI or CrossX

Cheers guys! :hello: 

Size down on your psu. That psu is super overkill.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/550w-Power-Supply-Unit-Edition/... <----- you might find that psu @ dabs for even cheaper.
October 17, 2012 11:15:09 PM

I would keep that psu if you are going to us the 9800 for physx
!