None pc educated trying ´First Build´ 2000 dollar budget

MathiasPedersen

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
Hi guys and gals!

I have already done much reading today on the forum regarding what to buy. It is very comprehensive and really overwhelming for a guy who has little knowledge of all the hardware and have never build a computer before. Therefor I have not yet suggested any components myself at this stage. I was hoping you could lead me along the way!

Approximate Purchase Date: The start of next month October.

Budget Range: Approximately 2000 dollars with shipment but if needed 2150 could be an option.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, movies, school stuff/surfing.

Are you buying a monitor: No

I already have windows vista as my operating system.

Overclocking: Maybe if recommendated

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe, depends what is realistic within the budget

Your Monitor Resolution: I am getting a monitor(outside the budget) that is going to be 1920x1080 or 1920x1200

Additional Comments: Outside the budget I am buying a watercooling system. I would like a nice big cabinet with window and some cool bling can be in or outside the budget. I am looking for a pc that does not sound like a nuclear reactor or something but it does not need to be 100% silent.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I have had a laptop for the last few years and I have been really busy with studies but now I have some more time off. I would like to be able to run some decent games and I am really hooked about building my pc and to match with a watercooling system.

Thank you in advance for your guidance.
Kind regards

g-unit1111

Titan
Additional Comments: Outside the budget I am buying a watercooling system. I would like a nice big cabinet with window and some cool bling can be in or outside the budget. I am looking for a pc that does not sound like a nuclear reactor or something but it does not need to be 100% silent.

What water cooling system are you planning on buying? Is it an open radiator like a Swiftech Edge or is it a closed block like a Corsair H100? Leave the bling and any other decorative stuff out of the budget - it does nothing to enhance the build. Knowing which one will vastly change what case you're able to buy.

Is there a store you buy from? If so please link to it as that will help to suggest parts.

MathiasPedersen

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
I am planning project out of it and assembling my own water cooling system opposed to just buying a kit. It will mostlikely be an open radiator.
I will leave the bling out of it.
I am from Denmark so buying it all from Danish stores will probaly not be possible.
So stores from UK or just in Europe that will ship to Denmark.

Ohh and for the SLI or Crossfire if it is not within budget which it probaly isn´t then perhaps I could get the motherboard for it so I could expand later on.

G

CPU: i5-3570k $220
MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V - $190
RAM: 16GB Vengeance - $90
GPU: 2xGTX670 - $800 OR $500 for Dual 7870
SSD: 128/256 Samsung - $100
HDD: 2TB Anything - $100
PSU: Corsair AX850 - $200
CASE: Corsair 650D - $180
Cpu Cooler: Corsair H100 - $100

~$2000 Exactly, Since your in Europe and Euros, It'll be more but since you are a New builder and such, I highly recommend going with pre-filled coolers and not to SLI because if you are unsure if you need two graphics cards, chances are you barely even need the one single your getting. I would highly reccomend decreasing your budget to $1500 to save money and not just spend it all on technology unless you know your going to be do heavy work.

g-unit1111

Titan

There has to be PC resellers in Denmark - you shouldn't have to pay international shipping fees. I'll see if I can look for a store.

MathiasPedersen

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012

That looks pretty nice. But yeah you are probaly right about it will be a bit more expensive in Europe. Hmm I really have no idea of how much I need to put in the pc and I just came up with 2000 dollars because I figured at least it will be sufficient. I am going to play some MMO like GW2. If I could go with 1500 bucks and that will be sufficient that would be very nice as my pockets are not endless.
If I would cut down to a 1500 dollar budget what would the setup look like Altay? Do you think I will loose much in noticable performance?

I really have a hard-on for trying to build in the water cooling system. So unless all of you totally advice me not to try it out I will give it a try. I have a friend who has build a couple of pc to help me but he has no experience with water cooling systems though. Is it a bottom-line bad idea? One of the things that would be cool about it is that I can use the physics in it in school.

MathiasPedersen

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012

I have found http://www.edbpriser.dk/
Which has a lot of components. Not paying the international shipping fees would be nice.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah I always try to encourage that. :lol:

I found a couple more stores as well:
- http://www.labtech.dk/?
- http://www.fcomputer.dk/
- http://e-gear.dk/

g-unit1111

Titan
Try this build:

Case: NZXT Phantom - DKK 1.050
PSU: Corsair Enthusiast TX750 V2 - DKK 859
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX - DKK 904
CPU: 3.4GHz Intel Core i5-3570K - DKK 1.731
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo - DKK 253
RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz 1.5V - DKK 399
HD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda ST 7200 RPM - DKK 608
SSD: 128GB Samsung 830 - DKK 1.059
Optical: Sony DVD Burner - DKK 214
Video Card: EVGA Geforce GTX 670 - DKK 3.019

Total: DKK 10.935 (USD $1,851.98)

MathiasPedersen

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
NZXT Phantom - DDK 1.036

Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - DDK 807

ASUS P8Z77-V LX - ATX LGA1155 - DDK 844

Intel Core i5 3570K - DDK 1677

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo - 120mm 9-31dBA - DDK 247

Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4 GB - DDK 362

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1 TB - DDK 569

Samsung 830 Series MZ-7PC128B 128 GB - DDK 803

Sony Optiarc AD-7283S - DDK 214

eVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW (2 GB) - DDK 3108

I do not need the OS therefor I will leave it out of the equation.

Total: DDK 9667 I save DDK 429 compared to your findings without the OS.
To be honest I rather want to spend the few extra bucks because first of all I know the company you are referring to and second it is all in one place so also easier to keep track off.
Thank you for finding it!

I found this superclocked gtx 670. Is it exactly the same as the one you have found just over clocked? And if yes, can I order the orginal and clock it myself instead then?

eVGA GeForce GTX 670 Superclocked+ (4 GB) - DDK 3533

proton007

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012
Your build is pretty cool!
However, in terms of the OS, you should seriously consider running Win 7.
Vista is pretty bad in terms of performance and stability, and also, if you're already running it, you won't be able to transfer the license.

g-unit1111

Titan

OK that's fine - your build looks pretty similar to mine. I've seen tons of posters from other countries and it's hard to keep shops straight (I'm from Southern California so I don't really know anything outside of Newegg or Tiger Direct :lol: ) - I've been finding shops as I go and posting them on this thread: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/358998-31-worldwide-online-computer-parts-stores

The difference between the two video cards is that the superclocked model has a higher GPU stock clock and higher RAM speeds and more cores.

G

Sorry for no reply, haven't been on but the build you've posted lately about its perfect and good to go, If you really want to save more money you could go for a Radeon 7870, they are perfect for me (70+ Fps max everygame with 1 monitor), but its your choice what you wanna do! The build ppl recommended is also great!

Also never knew denmark was that expensive, wow