Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Last Check [First time Build - £600]

Last response: in Systems
Share
September 6, 2012 4:38:03 PM

I've added "Custom Parts" Because I've found cheaper parts while doing some searching around. P.S Check out this site for Hardware , It's where I'm getting most of my PC parts / It's legit & Cheap although it may take long on a free delivery : http://www.jamdup.com Anyhow Is there absolutely anything wrong with this rig? Thanks in advance

RIG : http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/gIqq

[EDIT] Incase you can't see the link & Parts

Corsair 2x8GB 1600MHz CL10 DDR3 -- £56.19
Intel Sandybridge i5-2500 Core i5 Quad-Core Processor -- £158.45
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo -- £24.99
XFX HD 6850 1GB -- £86.02
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1000GB HDD -- £56.04
Aerocool Strike-X 600W -- £47.99
Aerocool Strike-X GT -- £46.48
Asrock Z68 Pro3 -- £52.35

Total: £528.51

More about : check time build 600

September 6, 2012 4:48:41 PM

rEcR8Z said:
I've added "Custom Parts" Because I've found cheaper parts while doing some searching around. P.S Check out this site for Hardware , It's where I'm getting most of my PC parts / It's legit & Cheap although it may take long on a free delivery : http://www.jamdup.com Anyhow Is there absolutely anything wrong with this rig? Thanks in advance

RIG : http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/gIqq

[EDIT] Incase you can't see the link & Parts

Corsair 2x8GB 1600MHz CL10 DDR3 -- £56.19
Intel Sandybridge i5-2500k -- £158.45
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo -- £24.99
XFX HD 6850 1GB -- £86.02
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1000GB HDD -- £56.04
Aerocool Strike-X 600W -- £47.99
Aerocool Strike-X GT -- £46.48
Asrock Z68 Pro3 -- £52.35

Total: £528.51

September 6, 2012 5:27:06 PM

What's the primary use of this build going to be? If it's gaming there's no point in getting 16GB of RAM - you'll never use it all. Drop it to 8GB (2 x 4GB) and then upgrade your GPU to a Radeon 6870.
Related resources
September 6, 2012 5:30:15 PM

g-unit1111 said:
What's the primary use of this build going to be? If it's gaming there's no point in getting 16GB of RAM - you'll never use it all. Drop it to 8GB (2 x 4GB) and then upgrade your GPU to a Radeon 6870.


I do a bit of everything. Gaming & Video Editing quite alot , Then there's also Photoshop since I'm a Graphics student. So I think I'll need that Ram + I might upgrade my GPU to 6870 anyways.
September 6, 2012 5:39:08 PM

rEcR8Z said:
I do a bit of everything. Gaming & Video Editing quite alot , Then there's also Photoshop since I'm a Graphics student. So I think I'll need that Ram + I might upgrade my GPU to 6870 anyways.


That's fine. I'd also suggest getting a different power supply - something from Corsair or Seasonic.
September 6, 2012 6:16:40 PM

g-unit1111 said:
That's fine. I'd also suggest getting a different power supply - something from Corsair or Seasonic.


I Personally don't see a huge difference In getting as an example a Corsair CX600 over the Aerocool one , They're both 80+ certified anyways
!