[Need Advice] Multi tasking, gaming rig for £500 - £530

Approximate Purchase Date: as soon as parts are chosen

Budget Range: ~£500 nothing more than £530

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Multi tasking, rendering, gaming, hd video viewing. internet browsing. possibly hosting a private minecraft sever.

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Parts to Upgrade: creating a new build from scratch

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: as long as they are reputable

Parts Preferences: I am open to anything as long as they have good build quality (dont want to revieve anything which is not working)

Overclocking: no

SLI or Crossfire: no

Your Monitor Resolution:1080p

Additional Comments: I would preffer the pc to be energy efficient and not too loud. but at the same time powerfull for the price. I would not like to have any lag from games or have to limit the fun.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: my current computer is too slow for what i want to use it for.

thank you.
10 answers Last reply
More about advice multi tasking gaming rig 500 530
  1. bump?
  2. Can you extend your budget to around 800 or 700? With 500 euros, the best you will buy is a 300 euro computer, because of the OS and monitor.
  3. its not euros, its pounds
  4. Oh on addition:

the real budget is £590 but i took off the price for the operating system.

I have a moniter i can use for a few months till i can afford a good 1080p one.
  5. I'll build one wait!
  6. i have till 10:10pm till match of the day mate :)
  7. Sorry for the late reply, man. that listing looks great but its a bit expensive, are there lower models of the things you shown which will still do what i'd like? and i would preffer 8gb of ram as i will host minecraft servers sometime and it just seems okay for the price
  8. spat55 said:

You will void the warranty on the CPU there mate, but great build! :D (CPU warranty will be voided if the RAM has voltage above 1.5V, according to Intel)

@OP, Id go with the above build except with G.Skill or Corsair RAM. :D You wouldnt mind going over budget just a bit? Maybe just around 10 pounds?
  9. the budget needs to include keyboard and mouse too, I literally only have £580 at the moment.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Systems