‚~€800 gaming PC

(I'm such a dumbass, I accidentally posted this to homebuilt without a title, I don't even know how I managed that, apologies for being such a noob)

Hi guys, new here and new to PC building Have been researching for a while and finally settled on the components. I was hoping you guys could take a look and it me know what you think. I live in Ireland so sites like newegg are not an option for me unfortunately, the sites I have chosen from are Hardwareversand.de and Komplett.ie

If someone could look over these and let me know if there are any issues (eg; compatibility), that would be awesome, Thanks!

First off;

Approximate Purchase Date: Tomorrow hopefully

Budget Range:~€800

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, internet,

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: none

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: www.harwareversand.de www.komplett.ie

Parts Preferences:

Overclocking: not yet anyway

SLI or Crossfire: no

Your Monitor Resolution: current is 720p TV, will upgrade in the future to a 1080 monitor, not for a month or two

Additional Comments: would like to be able to run Battlefield, Skyrim, Dishonored on ultra

Components;
Intel Core i5-3450 Box, LGA1155
MSI B75MA-P45 - Socket 1155 - Micro-ATX mobo
8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9
LiteOn iHAS124-19 schwarz SATA
Super-Flower SF500A14A Gamer Edition 500W
Samsung SSD 830 64GB SATA
WD Caviar Blue 500GB HDD
Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850, 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express
BitFenix Shinobi Midi-Tower USB 3.0
8 answers Last reply
More about e800 gaming
  1. gozu66 said:
    (I'm such a dumbass, I accidentally posted this to homebuilt without a title, I don't even know how I managed that, apologies for being such a noob)

Hi guys, new here and new to PC building Have been researching for a while and finally settled on the components. I was hoping you guys could take a look and it me know what you think. I live in Ireland so sites like newegg are not an option for me unfortunately, the sites I have chosen from are Hardwareversand.de and Komplett.ie

If someone could look over these and let me know if there are any issues (eg; compatibility), that would be awesome, Thanks!

First off;

Approximate Purchase Date: Tomorrow hopefully

Budget Range:~€800

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, internet,

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: none

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: www.harwareversand.de www.komplett.ie

Parts Preferences:

Overclocking: not yet anyway

SLI or Crossfire: no

Your Monitor Resolution: current is 720p TV, will upgrade in the future to a 1080 monitor, not for a month or two

Additional Comments: would like to be able to run Battlefield, Skyrim, Dishonored on ultra

Components;
    Intel Core i5-3450 Box, LGA1155
    MSI B75MA-P45 - Socket 1155 - Micro-ATX mobo
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9
    LiteOn iHAS124-19 schwarz SATA
    Super-Flower SF500A14A Gamer Edition 500W
    Samsung SSD 830 64GB SATA
    WD Caviar Blue 500GB HDD
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850, 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express
    BitFenix Shinobi Midi-Tower USB 3.0

The main shortcoming is that you've got a good processor, with the latest capabilities (except to be overclocked. I assume that was intentional), but an old type motherboard, that isn't able to take advantage of those capabilities. You really need a H77 motherboard. That will also enable you to use faster RAM. The same basic memory, but 1600MHz. That combination will give much improved performance.
    With regard to your power supply; to be honest, I've never even heard of it. That doesn't necessarily mean there's anything wrong with it. I just can't verify. Main point is; never skimp on a power supply. A bad one can destroy half your components, very easily.
  2. malbluff said:
    The main shortcoming is that you've got a good processor, with the latest capabilities (except to be overclocked. I assume that was intentional), but an old type motherboard, that isn't able to take advantage of those capabilities. You really need a H77 motherboard. That will also enable you to use faster RAM. The same basic memory, but 1600MHz. That combination will give much improved performance.
    With regard to your power supply; to be honest, I've never even heard of it. That doesn't necessarily mean there's anything wrong with it. I just can't verify. Main point is; never skimp on a power supply. A bad one can destroy half your components, very easily.

A B75 board supports 1600Hz RAM as long as an IB cpu is used like the one the OP has, but it only supports 1333 if a SB cpu is used with that board.
  3. malbluff said:

Thanks for the replies, About the power supply, yes I've heard never skimp on the PSU even though its tempting. How about this one Corsair GS Series, 500 Watt? I know corsair is a well known brand and this is reasonably priced too, what do you think?
  4. gozu66 said:
    Thanks for the replies, About the power supply, yes I've heard never skimp on the PSU even though its tempting. How about this one Corsair GS Series, 500 Watt? I know corsair is a well known brand and this is reasonably priced too, what do you think?

Corsair are very good. Always the first place I look.
    To be honest, I wasn't aware you could use 1600MHz, with Ivybridge, on that mobo. You learn something new every day. Doesn't change that a H77 board is better for Ivybridge, though.
  5. malbluff said:
    To be honest, I wasn't aware you could use 1600MHz, with Ivybridge, on that mobo. You learn something new every day. Doesn't change that a H77 board is better for Ivybridge, though.

Great I'll go with the Corsair so , and I'll look into a H77 motherboard. Thanks for your advice, I really do appreciate it!
  6. malbluff said:

The only time the H77 would be better to use is if the OP plans on using something like Lucid Virtu otherwise the H77 is no benefit at all. The B75, H77, Q77, Z75, and Z77 boards all came out at pretty much the same time and all are targeted for Ivy Bridge cpu's.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/index.asp?s=1155 <---- this gives the specs and features on those line of boards
  7. Why_Me said:
    The only time the H77 would be better to use is if the OP plans on using something like Lucid Virtu otherwise the H77 is no benefit at all. The B75, H77, Q77, Z75, and Z77 boards all came out at pretty much the same time and all are targeted for Ivy Bridge cpu's.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/index.asp?s=1155 <---- this gives the specs and features on those line of boards

Ah grand so thanks for that!

I just saw your build from Dabs.ie, its awesome, and also not having to deal with hardwareversand is a great bonus as they wont take Irish credit cards and I was gonna have to do a bank transfer in advance! Everything looks great on that build, I think I'll add a 500GB HDD to it also.

Really, thanks for taking the time to put that together, you guys are life savers!
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems