Sign in with
Your question

Budget Build Under £200 non-gaming

Last response: in Systems
August 30, 2012 10:23:01 AM

First time building a computer, building one for my girl friend :bounce: 
Approximate Purchase Date: When ever really, months time.

Budget Range: Under £200 or less, even better

System Usage from Most to Least Important: bbc iplayer/itv player etc, surfing the internet, watching movies, microsoft office

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Parts to Upgrade: N/A

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: dabs, amazon, ccl

Parts Preferences: AMD I guess cheaper build?

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1980, 1280 x 1024 will probably suffice all tho not really important, as such.

Additional Comments: facebook games, internet games, was thinking not even bothering with a graphics card, perhaps a cheap one, another note this will be my first time building a computer, I have taken my old one apart and put it together went trough the parts etc googled what I didn't know, i.e difference between SATA connecers and IDE.
August 30, 2012 10:57:27 AM

£200 for a budget build including a monitor? £200 would only just cover a budget (eg S1155 Celeron) CPU, basic motherboard, RAM and PSU. You're looking at about £400-£500, including a monitor...to be honest, you're better going to PC World and having a look there.

Hope that doesn't sound unhelpful, but you're pushing it with that budget.
September 1, 2012 5:30:53 PM

Okay thanks for reply I didn't think about adding the monitor etc to the budget, I have spoken to her and decided after our holiday she will save for it, as she's in no rush for it then we will up the budget.

so I will be back :bounce: 

Thanks
September 1, 2012 8:16:46 PM

Nomis_33 said:
Okay thanks for reply I didn't think about adding the monitor etc to the budget, I have spoken to her and decided after our holiday she will save for it, as she's in no rush for it then we will up the budget.

so I will be back :bounce: 

Thanks

use it as a htpc? hook it up to the tv? then you might be able to do that!!
!