Sign in with
Your question

New Build - £650 Budget

Last response: in Systems
September 1, 2012 10:34:00 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: Next week

Budget Range: £600 - £650 (After Delivery/ VAT)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, surfing the web, watching movies

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Parts to Upgrade: New Build

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Amazon.co.uk, Ebuyer.com, Scan.co.uk...but most importantly the cheapest website for a particular part.

Parts Preferences: None

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Your Monitor Resolution: I would want: 1920x1080/ 1920x1200

Additional Comments: I would like to play games such as: LoL, Starcraft 2, SW:TOR, Skyrim and future releases at max settings.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: This will be my first computer build as at the moment I use an old laptop which obviously struggles to play a lot of today's games.

Thankyou to all that contribute :) 

More about : build 650 budget

September 1, 2012 11:34:05 AM

Any help?
September 1, 2012 12:26:33 PM

bump
Related resources
September 1, 2012 1:09:43 PM

I would prefer an intel processor, however if necessary I would turn to an AMD one if it lowered the cost but maintained the overall performance. I was wondering if this was a good graphics card for my budget or if it would be too expensive: Sapphire HD 7850 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card w/ Nexuiz, Sleeping Dogs & Dirt Showdown PC Games
Sapphire HD 7850 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card w/ Nexuiz, Sleeping Dogs & Dirt Showdown PC Games [11200-07-20G]
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX...
I desperately need help from more knowledgeable people as I myself know little about building computers, thankyou!

September 1, 2012 2:52:20 PM

Guys?
September 1, 2012 3:04:01 PM

Why not get a i3 2100/2120? It will be more than enough for any single-card that might suit your budget, and Tom highly reccomends it over AMD since despite being dual core, the HT allows them to perform as well as the first gen i7 when it comes to gaming.
September 1, 2012 3:11:04 PM

Here are Tom's charts:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-o...

Where I live the i3s are around the same price of the FX-4100, but you will get more performance than with the high-end of the FX CPUs (unless you're going to do something more cpu intensive than gaming).

And here's Tom's chart for graphic cards:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car...

You could also get a 2500k system, which will be worth it in the long run. A 560 ti+2500K should be enough to max all of your games (but since I upgrade every 2nd year I'd rather go for a i3 if I were in a short budget), and I guess you could resort to SLI later on unless you just wanted a more powerful single GPU to avoid micro-stutter.
September 1, 2012 3:19:07 PM

Ok, I will consider that but what would be the best motherboard for the i3 2100/ 2120?
September 1, 2012 3:23:36 PM

Look for the cheapest one you can find. I personally prefer ASUS's cheap mobos since they have yet to fail on me.

If you want to SLI later on then I'd at least get a i5 2310 slots since in games like BF3 the i3 would start bottlenecking your system.
!