£500 casual gaming ( all components )

likeclockwork

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: between now and 4 weeks

Budget Range: £500 ( could go slightly higher if worth it )

System Usage from Most to Least Important: casual gaming (GW2), surfing internet.
Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: new system

Do you need to buy OS: Yes
Please note that if you're using an OEM license of Windows, you will need a new one when buying a new motherboard.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Uk stores preferable, more part from the same place would be convenient but not necessary

Parts Preferences: Intel 3rd gen I5, Nvidia graphics

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: unlikely

Additional Comments: would like ascetically pleasing case if possible, if not then i wont complain.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: need new computer for casual gaming

Include a list of any parts you have already selected with descriptively labeled links for parts. Please do
not post only links.

Thank you for the trouble.

Ha, I'm from Manchester myself. Try Aria, good prices and you can pick up in store. As far as the system goes, I cant go into too much detail right now because I'm on my phone but I'd go for a minimum of an I3 or Phenom 965 with the HD 6770 or HD 7770 to play GW2 nicely. I'll suggest a full build tonight when I get back from work.

likeclockwork

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
Oh that's nice thank you, what would you say for the longevity of the motherboard would i be replacing it in 1-2 years? if not then i may buy the OEM Windows 7.

xalazan

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
hey guys im also from manchester and looking to build a comp around this budget, wouldnt it be cheaper to buy from microdirect instead of aria?

I find Aria to be cheaper, also they are a lot better at holding stock. Every time I go to Microdirect, they are out of stock on a lot of items.

Scan, Dabs, CCL and Overclockers are all within ~50 miles of Manchester as well, just FYI. Ebuyer is like a 1h30m drive down the M62 as well.