Sign in with
Your question

£500 casual gaming ( all components )

Last response: in Systems
August 16, 2012 9:38:46 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: between now and 4 weeks

Budget Range: £500 ( could go slightly higher if worth it )

System Usage from Most to Least Important: casual gaming (GW2), surfing internet.
Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: new system

Do you need to buy OS: Yes
Please note that if you're using an OEM license of Windows, you will need a new one when buying a new motherboard.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Uk stores preferable, more part from the same place would be convenient but not necessary

Parts Preferences: Intel 3rd gen I5, Nvidia graphics

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: unlikely

Additional Comments: would like ascetically pleasing case if possible, if not then i wont complain.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: need new computer for casual gaming

Include a list of any parts you have already selected with descriptively labeled links for parts. Please do
not post only links.

Thank you for the trouble.
a b 4 Gaming
August 16, 2012 11:23:41 AM

Ha, I'm from Manchester myself. Try Aria, good prices and you can pick up in store. As far as the system goes, I cant go into too much detail right now because I'm on my phone but I'd go for a minimum of an I3 or Phenom 965 with the HD 6770 or HD 7770 to play GW2 nicely. I'll suggest a full build tonight when I get back from work.
a b 4 Gaming
August 16, 2012 11:24:45 AM

Ahh, I meant the HD 7750, not 7770. Obviously the HD 7770 is better though.
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
August 16, 2012 5:56:56 PM

I would aim for something like this, it would be ideal:

http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/eNbt

You need to fit an OS in budget though, so I'd switch the i5 for an i3-2120.
August 16, 2012 6:27:43 PM

Oh that's nice thank you, what would you say for the longevity of the motherboard would i be replacing it in 1-2 years? if not then i may buy the OEM Windows 7.
a b 4 Gaming
August 16, 2012 7:01:13 PM

In terms of reliability it should be fine, in terms of longetivity with upgrades it's hard to say with any motherboard really.
August 17, 2012 4:42:40 PM

hey guys im also from manchester and looking to build a comp around this budget, wouldnt it be cheaper to buy from microdirect instead of aria?
a b 4 Gaming
August 17, 2012 6:54:32 PM

I find Aria to be cheaper, also they are a lot better at holding stock. Every time I go to Microdirect, they are out of stock on a lot of items.

Scan, Dabs, CCL and Overclockers are all within ~50 miles of Manchester as well, just FYI. Ebuyer is like a 1h30m drive down the M62 as well.
!