First gaming build need help UK £

Hello I am looking to make my first gaming PC for abou £700 max.. looking for an i5 processor and most likely a 7850 GFX card.. here is what I have so far..

Scan.co.uk do a overclocked motherbard bundle-
*Operating System Not required* (System Tested under Win 7 HP)
3XS OCB Z77 Smart - Intel Core i5 3570K
3XS-MODERATE-OVERCLOCKING- Check Build
4GB (2x2GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengeance Jet Black LP, PC3-12800 (1600), Non-ECC, CAS 9-9-9-24, XMP, 1.5V
650W Corsair Enthusiast Series 650TXV2UK, 85% Eff', 80 PLUS Bronze, SLI/CrossFire, EPS 12V, Quiet Fan, ATX v2.31, PSU
Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 CPU Cooler Intel 775/1155/1156/1366 AMD 939/AM2/AM2+/AM3/AM3+
Intel Core i5 3570K,1155, Ivy Bridge, Quad Core, 3.4GHz, 5 GT/s DMI, 650MHz GPU, 6MB Smart Cache, 34x Ratio, 77W, Retail
MSI Z77A-G45, Intel Z77, S 1155, DDR3, SATA III - 6Gb/s, SATA RAID, PCIe 3.0 (x16), D-Sub/ DVI-D/ HDMI, ATX
Scan Overclocked Bundle Range
Total£435.27

OVERCLOCKED TO 4.2/// can choose 4.5 but i would rather be safe :)

Then I can get my Graphics card-
MSI R7850 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC-£182

MY case-
NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case £35

HDD-
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Already got an SSD...

Im asking what you think of this build and whether i should change anything or keep it as it is :) thanks
24 answers Last reply
More about gaming build
  1. gamingpcplz said:
    Hello I am looking to make my first gaming PC for abou £700 max.. looking for an i5 processor and most likely a 7850 GFX card.. here is what I have so far..

    Scan.co.uk do a overclocked motherbard bundle-
    *Operating System Not required* (System Tested under Win 7 HP)
    3XS OCB Z77 Smart - Intel Core i5 3570K
    3XS-MODERATE-OVERCLOCKING- Check Build
    4GB (2x2GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengeance Jet Black LP, PC3-12800 (1600), Non-ECC, CAS 9-9-9-24, XMP, 1.5V
    650W Corsair Enthusiast Series 650TXV2UK, 85% Eff', 80 PLUS Bronze, SLI/CrossFire, EPS 12V, Quiet Fan, ATX v2.31, PSU
    Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 CPU Cooler Intel 775/1155/1156/1366 AMD 939/AM2/AM2+/AM3/AM3+
    Intel Core i5 3570K,1155, Ivy Bridge, Quad Core, 3.4GHz, 5 GT/s DMI, 650MHz GPU, 6MB Smart Cache, 34x Ratio, 77W, Retail
    MSI Z77A-G45, Intel Z77, S 1155, DDR3, SATA III - 6Gb/s, SATA RAID, PCIe 3.0 (x16), D-Sub/ DVI-D/ HDMI, ATX
    Scan Overclocked Bundle Range
    Total£435.27

    OVERCLOCKED TO 4.2/// can choose 4.5 but i would rather be safe :)

    Then I can get my Graphics card-
    MSI R7850 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC-£182

    MY case-
    NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case £35

    HDD-
    Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

    Already got an SSD...

    Im asking what you think of this build and whether i should change anything or keep it as it is :) thanks


    Lol @ "7850 GFX"

    here is what i recomend you to buy:


    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£177.66 @ CCL Computers)
    CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS10X Performa CPU Cooler (£28.54 @ CCL Computers)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£99.97 @ Amazon UK)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£29.99 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£48.78 @ CCL Computers)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card (£221.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
    Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case (£33.58 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Power Supply: Corsair 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£83.99 @ Dabs)
    Total: £724.50

    i went a little bit overbudget but that build is GREAT, you can add a second 7870 whenever you need it!
  2. cba to type graphics card :)
    i wouldnt need 750w for dual 7850 650w is enough.
    isnt the msi mobo better?
    thanks for input
  3. 650w is enough.
    gigabyte boards are nicer

    for the cpu cooler, id get a hyper 212 evo instead of the zalman
  4. Whats the diffrence between the Gigabyte GA-Z77x and the GA-Z77?

    All i see is one supports sli and other not but iuse ATI anyway.
  5. both dont support SLI. only the ud3h and above does.

    if the board is SLI certified, it usually means that the lanes are run at 8x 8x when you setup dual video cards instead of 16x 4x
  6. in theory, cards get more bandwidth
  7. Ok
    I understand that in the future if i wanted to go Crossfire with the 7850 it would be 16x/4x
    How much of a bottleneck would this be on a 7850 card.. im sure I remember reading that this thrortles more of the newer cards like the 7970
  8. whichever one is good. i like the msi bios but the gigabyte board is nice too. pick the cheaper one
  9. okay thanks--seemed like people seem to think gigabyte is good and have a very good lfiespan etc so ill prob go with the gigabyte.... about the 16x/4x.... how much would that thrortle me in the future if i decide to go Crossfire with the 7850 and have one running at 4x.. would i notice a BIG diffrence to 8x/8x and would it be a huge imporvement over a single 7850...
    thanks for your helo
  10. Also looking at
    Asus P8Z77-V LX
    now vs the gigabyte :S
  11. you wont notice much of a difference

    the boards dont matter that much. id get asus but check how many fan headers each board has
  12. TheBigTroll said:
    you wont notice much of a difference

    the boards dont matter that much. id get asus but check how many fan headers each board has

    most ATX boards these days have more then enough fan headers and I only need the CPU one and 3 extra max
  13. When you say you wont notice much of a diffrence do you mean
    one 7850 at 16x will run near the same as 16x/4x sli or
    i wont notice a diffrencethat one is running at 4x and it will be an imporvment over single card
  14. not really. my Lk board only had 3 case fan headers and thats the stock config i have.
  15. Asus is good get that.
    Gigabyte quality isn't as good as Asus
    Proof of crappy Gigabyte quality:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20PCbgc9-xA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLswcywI1d4&feature=plcp
  16. Xlerator said:
    Asus is good get that.
    Gigabyte quality isn't as good as Asus
    Proof of crappy Gigabyte quality:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20PCbgc9-xA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLswcywI1d4&feature=plcp


    every manufacturers have bad boards
  17. The Asus P8Z77-V LX has 2 for the cpu and 4 fan headers which for ME is enough

    now I would just like to know about the 7850 question on 16x/4x and Crossfire

    thank you for all your help so far :) cant wait to order this machine once i know about crossfire
  18. nvm i belive the Asus P8Z77-V LX can do 8x/8x?
  19. if it is SLI certified, yes. otherwise, no
  20. TheBigTroll said:
    if it is SLI certified, yes. otherwise, no

    the Asus P8Z77-V LX isnt SLI certified
  21. then it probably wont run 8x 8x. 16x 4x is still capable of crossfire though and 4x pci-e3 is pci-e 2 8x which is still ok
  22. TheBigTroll said:
    then it probably wont run 8x 8x. 16x 4x is still capable of crossfire though and 4x pci-e3 is pci-e 2 8x which is still ok

    OK thank you alot for your help
    ill be ordering this tommorw with the asus board :) looking forward
    wil post some pics when its done and then in a year or two i guess i can always go crossfire 7850 which should be pretty powerful :))
  23. yeah. good luck
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems