Help me finish my gaming computer for under £400

Hello there guys, i have been upgrading my acer predator g5900 to get the most bang for my buck in terms of modern gaming performance.
current upgrade specs are :

intel core i5 processer 650
8gb DDR3 - upgraded from 4
gtx 580 twin frozr 2 - upgraded from gt 340
500 gb HDD

with this setup i can max skyrim and other such games, however due to the old equipment it sucks at calculations (arma 2)

i have a budget of £300 - £400

what i need is:
- new motherboard, capable of sli, and extra slots for fans, or maby even water coolers etc if needed
- new processor
- new case, (this one pools hot air like mad, and is, well... cosy to say the least)
and i have already decided on a corsair 650w power supply.

what can you reccomend? i have little knowledge of anything aside from graphics cards, i am fairly new to pc gaming, so please don't hate me if i noob out on you. all the parts i am having fitted for a small price

Massive thanks in advance
5 answers Last reply
More about finish gaming computer 400
  1. This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
  2. i5 3750k
    Asrock z77 Extreme4
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heatsink
    Whatever case you prefer, there are alot of good ones out there. As long as its a full case, has fans on the front, side, back, top you cant really go that wrong.
  3. thankyou outlaw, very helpful appreciate the effort mate, will look futher into you're suggestions
  4. GodlessGamer said:
    thankyou outlaw, very helpful appreciate the effort mate, will look futher into you're suggestions

mmmm why ask for a SLI motherboard, the then list a GTX 580 and only a 650w PSU? you can't SLI on that small of PSU.

drop the SLI requirement or up your PSU.

if you are not into over clocking then go with a non- "k" series i5 (3550 or 3570) and H77 MB to save some money.
  5. Have you tried overclocking your cpu? Might make it a cheaper upgrade.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems