‚Thread with no title!

Hello everyone, I have done some research lately for my new build and picked the parts I think are good. I have some questions though and I am very much open for suggestions!

Approximate Purchase Date: July, when I receive my holiday payment
Budget Range: €800 - €1000
System Usage from Most to Least Important: watching movies, InDesign/Photoshop productivity, gaming, surfing the internet, music centre
Parts Not Required: OS (free via MSDN), keybord & mouse, speakers (Audioengine 5), optical drive (Samsung SH-203B) and case (Cooler Master Centurion 5)
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I will pick up the parts at retailers in my city but for suggestions please use www.azerty.nl
Parts Preferences: I want the best value for my money. I don't care about brands as long as it is a premium brand.
Overclocking: Yes
SLI or Crossfire: Maybe in the future, but I am probably more likely to get a newer card when necessary
Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080
Additional Comments: I would like a quiet PC and I definitely want an SSD.

So far I have selected these parts:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K € 212,95
Motherbord: MSI Z77A-G43 € 96,95
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB € 45,95
SSD: Crucial M4 128GB € 110,98
PSU: Corsair TX650 V2 € 76,00
Graphics card: Sapphire HD 6870 € 153,50
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB € 84,99
Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO € 27,98
Total price: €809,30

Here you can find them on azerty.nl as reference. Keep in mind my prices are a little different because of local retailers.

So my questions:
1) Is my case good enough for this upgrade? It is a little over 5 years old. If you think I need a new one, I like the Antec P280 design although that one is a little over my budget. Something like that but cheaper would suit me nice.
2) Will the case + mobo + cooler + memory fit? Should I opt for the low profile version of my RAM instead?
3) Would the Corsair CX500 V2 (€49.95) also run my system and is the quality the same as the TX650 v2?
4) Could you give me some advice on a monitor? I'm currently looking at the ASUS VS247H but I have zero knowledge of monitors to be honest.
5) Is my mobo any good?
6) Any idea on the noise this setup produces?

If I had more money I would get an AsRock Z77 Extreme4 and an Sapphire HD8750 but unfortunately I can't afford that right now.
Lastly, I'm upgrading from an Q6600 2GB RAM HD 3870 system to add some perspective. My new system is long overdue hehe.

I would very much appreciate your input/opinion, thanks in advance and sorry for the text wall but I figured I'd give as much info as possible :)

Regards
11 answers Last reply
More about thread title
  1. I don't know, can't seem to fix it...
  2. €800 - 1000 productivity/gaming build
    Also in my attempt to fix I made another tread, it can be removed.

thanks
  3. Thanks!
    Do you also have an opinion on my build?
  4. your GPU is definately where you are lagging... since you are at 800 and your budget is 800 - 1000 i would keep the SSD (make it your boot drive) and upgrade the GPU. Go up at least one level, if possible two. remember its a gaming PC and the GPU is the workhorse of the gaming aspect...
  5. I was thinking a lot about adding a 7850 but I need to cut a little on some parts since I also need to add a monitor withing the €1000. I can could the SSD to the M4 64GB but that wont cut it I'm afraid
  6. The title of this topic has been edited by Area51reopened
  7. recon it now has a title.
  8. I new you would appreciate that!
  9. Awesome, I now have my own Thread with no title! :sol:
  10. Can anyone perhaps answer the questions I posted in the first message?
    Quote:
    So my questions:
    1) Is my case good enough for this upgrade? It is a little over 5 years old. If you think I need a new one, I like the Antec P280 design although that one is a little over my budget. Something like that but cheaper would suit me nice.
    2) Will the case + mobo + cooler + memory fit? Should I opt for the low profile version of my RAM instead?
    3) Would the Corsair CX500 V2 (€49.95) also run my system and is the quality the same as the TX650 v2?
    4) Could you give me some advice on a monitor? I'm currently looking at the ASUS VS247H but I have zero knowledge of monitors to be honest.
    5) Is my mobo any good?
    6) Any idea on the noise this setup produces?
  11. Ok great thanks!
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems