Hello everyone, I have done some research lately for my new build and picked the parts I think are good. I have some questions though and I am very much open for suggestions!
Approximate Purchase Date: July, when I receive my holiday payment Budget Range: €800 - €1000 System Usage from Most to Least Important: watching movies, InDesign/Photoshop productivity, gaming, surfing the internet, music centre Parts Not Required: OS (free via MSDN), keybord & mouse, speakers (Audioengine 5), optical drive (Samsung SH-203B) and case (Cooler Master Centurion 5) Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I will pick up the parts at retailers in my city but for suggestions please use www.azerty.nl Country: The Netherlands Parts Preferences: I want the best value for my money. I don't care about brands as long as it is a premium brand. Overclocking: Yes SLI or Crossfire: Maybe in the future, but I am probably more likely to get a newer card when necessary Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080 Additional Comments: I would like a quiet PC and I definitely want an SSD.
So my questions:
1) Is my case good enough for this upgrade? It is a little over 5 years old. If you think I need a new one, I like the Antec P280 design although that one is a little over my budget. Something like that but cheaper would suit me nice.
2) Will the case + mobo + cooler + memory fit? Should I opt for the low profile version of my RAM instead?
3) Would the Corsair CX500 V2 (€49.95) also run my system and is the quality the same as the TX650 v2?
4) Could you give me some advice on a monitor? I'm currently looking at the ASUS VS247H but I have zero knowledge of monitors to be honest.
5) Is my mobo any good?
6) Any idea on the noise this setup produces?
If I had more money I would get an AsRock Z77 Extreme4 and an Sapphire HD8750 but unfortunately I can't afford that right now.
Lastly, I'm upgrading from an Q6600 2GB RAM HD 3870 system to add some perspective. My new system is long overdue hehe.
I would very much appreciate your input/opinion, thanks in advance and sorry for the text wall but I figured I'd give as much info as possible