Final check before purchase, ~£1000 Gaming PC

Hi Guys,

After having asked some questions in this forum, I plan to order the components tomorrow....

So wanna make a final check before purchase

Appreciate your suggestions and comments!

1. CPU: i5-3570k
2. Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H OR Asrock Z77 Extreme 4
3. Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo
4. RAM: Corsair Memory 8GB (2 x 4GB) Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz DIMM 240-pin CL9 Low Profile
5. SSD: Crucial M4 128GB
6. HDD:Seagate 1TB Barracuda
7. CASE: Cooler Master HAF 912 plus
8: PSU: OCZ ZS 750W
9: GPU: Sapphire HD 7850 OC
10: Monitor: 23'' Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM
11: CD/DVD RW
12: Wireless Adaptor: Tenda Wireless-N300 PCI Adapter

Here are some finaaaallll questions:
1. Are there any critical differences between those two Mobos? If no, I will go for Asrock
2. Is the cooler (212 Evo) strong enough to keep the CPU cool? I will slightly OC the CPU
3. Is the case big enough for the CPU cooler to fit in?
4. Any other compatibility issues??

Thanks in advance for your reply
7 answers Last reply
More about final check purchase 1000 gaming
  1. this sounds good

1: there arent that many differences between the 2 boards. the gigabyte board has slightly better components

2: you should be able to hit 4.2ghz with th cooler so its fine

3: i recommend getting a ocz zt 650w because it is fully modular and since you arent using a lot of wires in this build, it is much more tidier. 650w is more than enough to power 2 of these cards

4: you dont necessarliy need to go with corsair for the ram. i recommend something like mushkin enhanced frostbyte ram or some crucial ballistix sport

5: to note make sure to get the barracuda with 64mb of cache because its faster
  2. TheBigTroll said:
    this sounds good

1: there arent that many differences between the 2 boards. the gigabyte board has slightly better components

2: you should be able to hit 4.2ghz with th cooler so its fine

3: i recommend getting a ocz zt 650w because it is fully modular and since you arent using a lot of wires in this build, it is much more tidier. 650w is more than enough to power 2 of these cards

4: you dont necessarliy need to go with corsair for the ram. i recommend something like mushkin enhanced frostbyte ram or some crucial ballistix sport

5: to note make sure to get the barracuda with 64mb of cache because its faster

Thanks a lot. ganna buy those stuff today!
  3. 2 things to mention

1 remember to set your ram to run at 1600mhz. the default speed it think is 1333
    2. no problem bro. just hit the best answer button :D
  4. TheBigTroll said:
    2 things to mention

1 remember to set your ram to run at 1600mhz. the default speed it think is 1333
    2. no problem bro. just hit the best answer button :D

Best answer button? Where is it?
  5. next to the reply button
  6. It is against the rules to ask for best advice.
  7. azeem40 said:
    It is against the rules to ask for best advice.

it is? oh ok then.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems