First build. gaming pc £1000-2000, i7 2600k

teats21

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date: asap

Budget Range: £1000-£2000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming

Parts Not Required: none

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: don't have one.

Country of Origin: uk

Parts Preferences: intel core i7 and 16g ram

Overclocking: pre overclocked

SLI or Crossfire: unsure wot these are tbh

Monitor Resolution: no prefferance

Additional Comments: i want this computer for playing many gaming accounts at once so need high performance. if there are any wires or extra bits that are needed for building the computers could you please add them to the buying list aswell please.

thanks

striker410

Distinguished
Hi there, welcome to the forums.

Well, you don't give us much to go on. We don't know what you will be doing, or what you need. Please try and come up with a rig yourself, and we can help you improve that.

Cheers!

As Striker said welcome to the forums. There really isn’t much for us to go on here; it almost sounds like you are talking about a server type system that a number of people will play games off of. That would lead to a different build then a person looking to build a home PC for gaming. So some more information would be very helpful.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

teats21

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
hey :) tbh i am completely unsure wot i will need so wouldn't be able to come up with my own rigs but i want it for a online game and i want to run multiple accounts at once (litteraly the maximum i can run) it will not be used for disk games that u buy at the shops etc. the game is runescape if any of you know of it and have an idea of what is needed to run it.

if this helps ^^

thanks if i need to give any more info just ask

yummerzzz

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
He's planning on running around 30 runescape bots at once, and then selling the money they make for IRL cash, there was another thread before, but I can't seem to find it.......

That's what he needs it for, not a server.

teats21

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
yea that^^ i remade this post cuz that one was just getting comments about runescape and jagex etc and no1 was helping so thought i would remake it, and i don't know how to delete it :\

The Intel® Core™ i7-2600K tops off at 8 threads. That means you have 4 full cores of processing power and than 4 threads being run on the leftovers that that is hyper-threading. Stating each game is being run on a single thread you would have 4 threads running very well and then 4 threads that had limited processing power and all of this is based on the idea that the game would run in a single threaded environment well. Honestly to reach the 30 bots running at once I would be looking at the low end of a dual processor set up with Intel Xeon® X5680 or X5690 but more likely a 4 processor set up to reach this level of running individual gaming environments from a single system without a lag wait for the other bots to finish before they were able to act.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

teats21

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
i can run alot of bots from one program if this makes any difference. so you don't think there will be much difference between 4 proccessor set up to duel proccessor set up? would that mean that half the amounts of bots would run well if i use dual processor? i havn't hurd of the intel Xeon® X5680 or X5690 befor are they good for what i am looking for?

thanks

Teats21, They are server processors. The Intel® Xeon® x5680 and x5690 are designed for a dual processor server or workstation board. They are fairly expensive but each of them is a 6 core 12 thread processor giving you a total of 24 threads of total applications that you can run at one time. Then using a board like the Intel Workstation Board S5520SC http://www.intel.com/products/workstation/motherboards/s5520sc/s5520sc-overview.htm.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

teats21

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
oh well that sounds like what i would be looking for tbh, how much are we talking about when we say expensive? would i need to buy a processor for my computer then have to pay for this as a extra? the link wont let me view the page says the acces is denied but is this like a vps www.botvps.com where u play accounts through other systems not related to your computer for a monthly occuring fee?

thanks for the help its very usefull :) i need to learn about computers lol

The cost of these processors is around $1600 USD for each one. At the prices that botvps offer I can't see how this would be very feasible as a money making investment. Maybe you could drop down to an Intel® Xeon E5645 that go for around $550 USD but this is counting on the threads being the important issue not processoring power and since I dont know the game I can only guess.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

teats21

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
yea the e5645 does sound like the best idea if the threads are the issue i will have to ask around on botting sites to see which is more necassary, how many threads does the e5645 run compared to the more expensive ones?

I am understanding what you are meaning but tbh i am not 100% on what you mean by threads, i get it a bit but i could be imagining somthing completely wrong lol

thanks

kogut

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2008

http://tinyurl.com/63uhbqc

You sure you can build your own rig, pal?

teats21

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011

im going to try with guides of the internet and if i fail then i know alot of people who can do it for/with me so ill be ok.

teats21

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
ok i learnt what threads are on wiki lol that sounds exactly like what i would want, while using the Intel® Xeon® x5680 (if this isn't the really expensive one) what other things would you reccomend to go with it?

thanks

teats21

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
can somebody help please i really need this computer and iv been trying to get it sorted on this site for like 2 weeks and not really got very far yet :\

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
Heres a build i personally just finished that should be more than sufficient.

Case: CM Storm Scout
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-v Pro
CPU: i5-2500k
CPU cooler: Arctic Pro Freezer 13
Graphics: Gigabyte GTX560Ti OC
RAM: 8GB (2x4GB sticks) Corsair Vengeance
HDD: 1TB 7200RPM
Optical Drive: Blu Ray (this was personal choice, not a necessity)

Build Price without Peripherals and OS: £850 ish

Take what you will from this build, but Runescape uses very little processing power really. Its an online MMO so the only thing your really using is the Game Client and more than anything, broadband speed. The only thing the computer really has to run is JAVA.

teats21

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
i want to build a computer. would like more power as i want to run the maximum bots i can, so more power then more bots. i know of people using simular rig with the one above and not getting many more than like 5-10 and i would like alot more than that so could do with a more expensive rig
thanks

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
It would probably work out cheaper to run a number of PC's rather than just 1 "super spec" PC.

Also the reason they're limited to 5-10 (unless their CPU and RAM is consistently 100% load) its limited due to their broadband/internet connection.

teats21

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
hmm good point, i could prob get 2 maybe 3 soon computers with the parts you posted, don't suppose youve ever tried botting runescape with it have you?

yeah i think when i finally get my computer set up properly im going to pay to have fibre optic broadband fitted because i cba with the old bullshit internet now fibre optics getting fitted in my area lol