Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

New under £500 build

Last response: in Systems
Share
April 10, 2012 4:15:31 PM

Just got an order from my friends brother for gaming pc. I want to keep it under £500 excluding windows, monitor and peripherals as I have them already. I don't want to use AMD, nothing against them its just I prefer Intel and Nvidia.
He asked for
Large hdd around 1tb
Nice looking case
Can run BF3 on med-high
8bg RAM but I don't think he'd notice if I put six in.
These are pretty exact specs as I usually just build ones I like.
Any reccomendations as I'm kinda stumped here.

More about : 500 build

April 10, 2012 4:42:04 PM

Where'd you like to source parts from?
m
0
l
April 10, 2012 4:51:34 PM
Related resources
April 10, 2012 5:30:53 PM


Would it be a good idea to chop the gtx560ti to a gtx560 and with the extra money get a i5. Also the motherboard isnt very good but does it matter because the z68 chipset is pretty good and isnt to expensive.
m
0
l
April 10, 2012 5:38:14 PM

Yeah it would still play BF3 on med-high settings, only get a z68 mobo if you plan on getting an overclockable processor.
m
0
l
April 10, 2012 6:00:24 PM
April 10, 2012 6:09:52 PM

Yes that build you just listed is all compatible, and should run the games you want it to.
m
0
l
April 10, 2012 6:14:16 PM

johnpaul182 said:
Yes that build you just listed is all compatible, and should run the games you want it to.

Ok but would it be a good idea to upgrade to a p8z68 as it coms with free anti virus and is only £15 more so im saving money because the Anti Virus is worth £20. Also would it be a good idea to add a LED fan for the front so, the case looks a little more expensive and may help with airflow.
m
0
l
April 10, 2012 6:19:41 PM

I personally wouldn't go for a z68 board if I was getting the i5 2320 Cpu, as the z68's are mainly for the K series processors, you could always go for a free anti-virus and save yourself £15. As for the LED fan that's completely up to you and your own personal preference.
m
0
l
April 10, 2012 9:00:16 PM

johnpaul182 said:
I personally wouldn't go for a z68 board if I was getting the i5 2320 Cpu, as the z68's are mainly for the K series processors, you could always go for a free anti-virus and save yourself £15. As for the LED fan that's completely up to you and your own personal preference.


Ok thanks so do you think my idea for the build is good or do you know if I can make it any cheaper by degrading some parts that wont affect performance
m
0
l
April 10, 2012 9:09:42 PM

Do not downgrade the GPU just to get a better CPU - after the PSU, the GPU is the most important part of your computer. You never want to cheap out on it. The i3-2120 will have NO bottleneck with the 560ti. Keep it.
m
0
l
April 10, 2012 10:03:03 PM

azeem40 said:
Do not downgrade the GPU just to get a better CPU - after the PSU, the GPU is the most important part of your computer. You never want to cheap out on it. The i3-2120 will have NO bottleneck with the 560ti. Keep it.

Yes but the gtx560 is still pretty good and can play battlefield3 quite good. The cpu is more important the gpu as well in everything other than games. You certainly dont want to cheap out on the cpu as the will affect everything. So im gonna stay with the i5 and gtx560.
m
0
l
!