Your question

£2000 Budget Gaming PC

Last response: in Systems
March 3, 2012 8:30:15 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: Some time between this and next year

Budget Range: £2000-£2200

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Movies, Music, Web Browsing

Parts Not Required: Speakeres and OS

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: novatech.co.uk overclockers.co.uk and aria.co.uk

Parts Preferences: i5 2500k and an nvidia Graphics card

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe SLI in the future

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: Must be able to run the latest games, good airflow and good cable management

Components Already Selected -

I have already selected all the components I would just like some advice and or clarification of how good the build is

Processor: Intel core I5 2500k

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3 Intel Z68

Graphics Card: Novatech GeForce GTX 590

RAM: 16GB (4x4) of Corsair Vengeance (I already own this my uncle gave me his old builds RAM and he sold some other parts and got rid of some that didn't work)

Power Supply: Corsair TX 850W ATX2.31 80 PLUS® Bronze certified Power Supply

Case: Corsair Carbide Series 400R Full Tower Case - Black

Extra Fans: Akasa Apache PWM Fan - 140mm ***Black Edition*** (x4), Thermaltake Thunderblade Blue LED Fan - 120mm (x2) (Replacing the x2 preinstalled front 120mm which will be mounted somewhere new in the case

Monitor: LG E2351VR-BN 23" Full HD Super LED Backlit Slim Monitor

Wireless Adapter: Novatech 300Mbps 802.11n Wireless-N PCI Adapter (Temporary until I get a network cable from the router downstairs into my room)

HDD: SeagateBarracuda 7200.12 2TB 64MB Cache Hard Drive SATA 6 Gb/s

SSD(For OS): Corsair Nova Series 2 60GB SATA II 3Gb/s SSD - Retail

Peripherals -

Mouse: Razer Lachesis Refresh 5600dpi Gaming Mouse

Keyboard: Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Silver Edition

Headset: Ozone Spark Gaming Headset - Analogue (Temporary will be upgrading rather soon after and selling this to someone or possibly my brother)

Mouse Mat: SteelSeries 4HD gaming surface

Any feedback/Suggestions will be much apreciated thanks in advanced.

Mac Hooper

More about : 2000 budget gaming

March 3, 2012 8:39:12 PM

Not keen on your:
Cooler (overpriced because of popularity)
Mobo (overpriced in general imo)
graphics (dual gpu's are: expensive, hot, noisy and more likely to suffer driver issues)
PSU (overpriced because of popularity)
and SSD (you may as well get a SATA 3 one)

Everything else is golden, well the peripherals are too expensive for my tastes but then i'm not buying them.
March 3, 2012 8:55:11 PM

lol all that build on only a tx850w? i suggest go get corsair ax850 850w 80plus gold or the seasonic x-850 850w 80plus gold bro, that should do better but it's more expensive but really worth it with that kind of budget

i dont think your cooler cm hyper 212 evo would fit with your rams, (not sure about this, i only used low profile rams and always used noctua nh-d14 except on some cases

this is a no no

SSD(for OS and other stuff) Corsair Force 3/GT 120GB SATAIII 6Gb/S SSD
this one is a yes yes but just my 19999 cent

when buying mouse don't just get the 99999 dpi mouse, make sure it's a mouse which is compatible with the way you hold your mouse example palm grip, claw grip, finger tip grip something like that...

and for mouse pad choose which one you want, speed or control or whatever they call it on other brands

for mobo

go with asrock z68 extreme 4 gen 3 or something like that much cheaper and has great stuff in it

if you can find one in the same price go with MSi Z68A-GD80 (G3)(gen 3)
Related resources
March 3, 2012 9:09:26 PM

Tavo_Nova said:
lol all that build on only a tx850w? i suggest go get corsair ax850 850w 80plus gold or the seasonic x-850 850w 80plus gold bro, that should do better but it's more expensive but really worth it with that kind of budget

i dont think your cooler cm hyper 212 evo would fit with your rams, (not sure about this, i only used low profile rams and always used noctua nh-d14 except on some cases

this is a no no

SSD(for OS and other stuff) Corsair Force 3/GT 120GB SATAIII 6Gb/S SSD
this one is a yes yes but just my 19999 cent

when buying mouse don't just get the 99999 dpi mouse, make sure it's a mouse which is compatible with the way you hold your mouse example palm grip, claw grip, finger tip grip something like that...

and for mouse pad choose which one you want, speed or control or whatever they call it on other brands

for mobo

go with asrock z68 extreme 4 gen 3 or something like that much cheaper and has great stuff in it

if you can find one in the same price go with MSi Z68A-GD80 (G3)(gen 3)

I already have researched and I know that I am claw grip which is what the Lachesis was designed for as well as I like the look. Upgrading the PSU is not a problem and your probably right about the SSD as well and the mouse pad my uncle has one and I like using it a lot. That motherboard would probably be a good idea as well. Thanks for your 19999 cent
March 3, 2012 9:14:21 PM

well it's great you got the right choice of a mouse, i learned it the hard way on bfbc2 lol using a fat mouse while being a claw grip wasn't easy :) 

actually everything looks great the choice of the stuff was actually really good.

well many people would be like don't get 590 this and that but with a great case like that i believe it should be doing well.

i think the 590 is a great card and the chassis is awesome, your sli in the future would be another 590 which would be quad sli if 2 590 is in sli, it would blow you away with such nice eye candy

enjoy your new system, it's kick ass :) 

!