£400 gaming / recording build

Thomashad

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Hey, I'm looking to build a PC for £400 (I can't go over that, I can at my VERY best stretch to that) that can play some games and record from a Hauppauge HD PVR well.
I don't need it to be great at video editing or rendering, just recording, as I've been given permission to use my school's iMacs for rendering.

Approximate Purchase Date: As soon as I get the money together (Hopefully a week or so)

Budget Range: £400 max (college student from a poorer family)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, recording from hauppauge, watching videos, everything else.

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, mouse, monitor.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Amazon.co.uk or anything UK based and reliable.

Parts Preferences: I'm looking at an i3 2100, but i'm open to suggestions. need a graphics card in there too, that can run games.

Overclocking: Maybe (depends on price of components, probably not due to super low budget)

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: Using my 19" HD LCD TV as monitor to save costs

Additional Comments: Hauppauge HD PVR Recording and gaming are top priority, and I'd like to be able to record games using fraps (already own) or similar software at a decent FPS.

adgjlsfhk

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012

Thomashad

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Hey, thanks for the reply :)
I really don't want to buy outside of UK, just due to massive shipping costs if one part is malfunctioning or anything, though that is a great kit you linked me too! Also, it included the GeForce GT 520 with it :p
In USD, by budget is $550-635.
Any more replies would be really great, thanks :)