Advice request for upgrade sub £400

G

I currently own a low end gaming system which I will be upgrading within the next 48hours.
I will be replacing cpu/mobo/ram and have decided on an i5 2500K / z68 board / generic dual chan corsair ram (1600 8gb)

I'm looking for some advice on what motherboard to get, all seem to have the same features with a few more expensive having pcie3.
Is there much difference between z68 boards despite the price range? And is there a brand of motherboard to which you would recommend or recommend to avoid?
I would also like some advice on where to get parts for good value and on next day delivery to mainland uk, since this is my first major upgrade.
Thank you

zolton33

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
I would drop to a 1333 ram as intel warranty is voided over that. What all parts are you planning to bring to the new build? This will help make it easier for people to recommend what you need and where will you buy them? And where are you from? This can help in giving you the best places and prices to recommend to buy from.

G

Im over in the west midlands, and I'll be bringing an antec earthwatts 650 psu, WD 640gb sata2 & gainward gtx275 gs into the new build from the old rig.

venur

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
I currently own a low end gaming system which I will be upgrading within the next 48hours.
I will be replacing cpu/mobo/ram and have decided on an i5 2500K / z68 board / generic dual chan corsair ram (1600 8gb)

I'm looking for some advice on what motherboard to get, all seem to have the same features with a few more expensive having pcie3.
Is there much difference between z68 boards despite the price range? And is there a brand of motherboard to which you would recommend or recommend to avoid?
I would also like some advice on where to get parts for good value and on next day delivery to mainland uk, since this is my first major upgrade.
Thank you

for a cheap mobo an asrock gen3 z68 will have de OC feathure low price and probably anything you need for gaming for cheap.