£ 1320.00 in VAT built on www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk

AidanJ

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
I was thinking of ordering this system, but I dont know much about PC's and just wanted to run it by a few more people, just wondering if the parts are good or if you think I should change some for something else?

CASE: Corsair Carbide Series 400R Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ front USB 3.

Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Max. 3 x 120mm Silent Case Cooling Fans in selected case key areas for ultra silent operation (1,200 RPM AKASA Silent Fans with Sleeve Ball Bearing 17 dBA and LED light to match the Fans already in the case)

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 2600K Quad Core 3.4GHz 8MB cache LGA1155 + HD Graphics

Cooling Fan: Asetek 510LC / Xtremegear Liquid Cooling system w/ 120mm Radiator (Asetek CPU Water Cooling)

MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX/SLI] Asus P8Z68-V Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ BT GO! LucidLogix Virtu and Intel
Smart Response Technology & 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID, 3 PCIe Gen2, 2 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI

Intel Smart Response Technology for Z68: 30 GB Kingston V100 2.5 inch SATA Gaming MLC Solid State Disk

MEMORY: 8GB (4x2GB) PC10666 DDR3/1333mhz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Value Select or Major Brand)Help me choose

VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX570 1280MB 16X PCI Express (Major Brand Power by NVIDIA)
FREEBIES:FREE Game - Batman: Arkham City [+0]

Power Supply Upgrade: 850 Watts Power Supplies (Cyberpower 850watt High Performance Gaming Power Supply)

Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM Hard Drive (Single Hard Drive) (Single Hard Drive)Help me choose

Optical Drive: Samsung SH-B123 12X Blu-Ray Player (please select the Blue Ray software in the Software section)

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)

AMutedScream

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
That's a damn fine system setup, but why not build it yourself? I'm not sure of pricing and availability in the UK, but here in the US you can easily save yourself a few hundred dollars cutting out the middle man and building your own rig.

In terms of the hardware listed, you could safely step down to a i5 2500K if you wanted to save a few quid, there are very few games that can max a 2500k alone, most will never come close to utilizing all of a 2600k, assuming you're not planning on going super high resolution, multi-monitor with your setup.

AidanJ

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Thanks for the reply AMutedScrear, the reason I did not want to build it myself was that its my first build/custom PC and I would not know where to get the parts from or how to fix it all together, also cyberpower seem to have a very good reputation when it come to the build of the PC.
Also I emailed Cyberpower with my budget and asked what they would recommend for me, then just added some bits to it, like the SSD and extra fans.
The reason I posted on a forum was so I could get some more opinions on the parts, rather than just talking to the guy who is selling the parts.

When it comes to the i5 2500K and i7 2600K i could save £78 by swiching to the 2500K, and when it comes to the multi-monitor setup I will not be when i first get the system, but I might move to a multi-monitor set up, based on if I can afford to get another monitor.