jordie240991

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date: Feb 2012
Budget Range: £200-£300
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Light PC Gaming on games such as TF2, Counter-strike and COD4
Parts Not Required: Keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers
Parts Preferences:
Overclocking: Maybe
SLI or Crossfire: Maybe
Monitor Resolution: i have a 1920x1080 monitor but i will change res if needed
Additional Comments: Any help would be greatful.

I want to use this PC for online games like TF2, CS Runescape, WOW and RTS games such as AOE 3. I will be using this as temporary build until August/September 2012. The build will be given to my younger brother.

tlmck

Distinguished
2-£300 is going to be tough for an entire system, and I am not really up for the requirements of most online games as I really don't play them. But COD4 I understand so I will work from that angle.

A good minimum build base would be a Core i3-2100 CPU, an ASUS or Gigabyte H61 motherboard, 4gb DDR3 1333 ram, and a AMD 6770 video card. You might get away with a 6670 video card, but it would likely lead to very low settings and lesser resolutions. Even the 6770 is going to probably be mostly medium settings. Just look for the best prices.

The best deal on the PSU is going to be this one. Very good quality and will run all of the above quite well. http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/powersupplies/nov-psg400.html

The drives and case I will leave up to you as just about anything will work for such a low powered rig. Novatech has excellent deals on cases as well. I have suggested them to others and have had no complaints.

Some guy recently posted on the forums that he built a similar rig for £300 but I could not find the post. Feel free to search for yourself.