Build | £1400 - £1700 | Gaming Pc

joshualong94

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011
Hi Forum,

Remember my price range, up to £1700

Im looking to build myself a new gaming PC within the next 5 month.

My Aims
I would like to be able to Play & Record games such as Battlefield 3, Call of Duty MW3, League of Legends and World of Warcraft.
However i would also like to stream games like League of Legends on Own3d tv and Justin TV.

My current built is almost three years of age, and is now getting to the point where i can just run the new games. i have old motherboard, 4gb ddr2 ram, limited hard-drive space...... you get where i am going with this.

What i would like
As previously stated, i would like to Record & Stream in HD, with High or Ultra graphics (Pref Ultra)
I need atleast 2 or 4TB, of hard-drive space, and a 60gb solid state drive for operating system.
Decent GFX Card(s)

Everything else is down to you guys, please continue to post if someone has already posted a system spec for me, this allows people to share their views and steer my in the right direction

Regards
Josh Long

Xfire \ Dutybound
Steam \ Dutybound
Skype \ Joshylong23

Cripple13

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
5 months is an extremely long time to wait once you've picked out components. I would suggest revisiting this a few weeks before you actually plan on building it.

There are so many new products coming out in the hardware world that whatever we would pick out now is going to be replaced within the next few months.

Examples- Ivy bridge, 7xxx series gpu's

joshualong94

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011

I guess your right =D

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
Help on this forum often doesn't take more than 24hours to come-by. Even 3 weeks in advance is optimistic for keeping up to date with the latest prices, offers and releases.

Literally fill in the build advice template and leave your post up about 3-5 days before planned purchase date in order to get the latest and greatest.

You have a very generous budget.

Something along the lines of.....

i5-2500k (maybe IvyBridge by that point) CPU
Z68 (or newer) Motherboard
7970 GPU (currently benching way above the GTX 580s)
128GB SSD (maybe bigger if prices drop in next 5 months)

.....should be about what to aim for. Maybe even an SLI config on a £1.7k budget. See what prices are like nearer the time :)

Latest posts