I'm planning on getting the following parts to build my first homebuilt gaming pc, hopefully before Christmas (planning on purchasing this week). Since it's my first, and because it's a lot of money for me, could someone please check over the parts and assure me they are all compatible and reasonable for this build?
I hope that's enough information. Some of the questions I have been wondering are the following:
- Is the case large enough to fit everything in?
- Will everything connect with the mobo?
- Have I completely forgot about any important parts?
- Does the PSU have enough power?
- Are any of the parts much too 'overpowered' or 'good' compared to the rest?
- Do any of the parts seem overpriced?
- Any ways of making the build slightly better without spending much more, or alternatively, how can I save some money without losing much performance?
These are just some example questions, I've been researching this whole topic for a while now, and have tried to answer as many questions as I can myself. I figured before actually purchasing I'd ask some people with more experience than myself though, just to be sure.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'm guessing you meant software4student, and not vice versa? (student4software didn't exist). On that website the Win7 is an 'upgrade version', does that mean I need to already have an older version or something?
I hadn't heard about ARIA before, I just knew ebuyer were relatively cheap and have excellent service. Is that something I can also expect from aria.co.uk?
And yeah, I've been looking at other PSUs, and am now thinking about upgrading to 600W, just so i'd still have enough for a second GPU, a second hard drive and a bluray optical drive. Or would 500W still be enough for that? Thanks