£500 to upgrade my PC, would really appreciate any comments on this,ty

LikeGames

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
Another thread from me on the same issue but think i still need abit more advice on. This thread ill be more concise with so isnt a bore to read through ;). Here goes.

I am a gamer & like using video editing software [make videos on youtube]

Present PC:
CPU: Intel quad core q6600 2.4ghz
GPU: BFG 8800 gts 640mb
Motherboard: Asus P5B Deluxe wifi-ap
RAM: a-data ddr2 1000 2gb
PSU: [Believe its] Antec truepower 650W

Thought of maybe this?:
CPU: Intel i5 2500k 3.3ghz £150ish
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB £150ish
Motherboard: Haven't looked at yet
RAM: 8GB 1,600MHz DDR3 £50+ i imagine
PSU: Do i need to?

So i havent written everything my PC has but these are the components im considering upgrading you see, so i havent mentioned my hard drive.

Would like to hear from anyone if i should consider something else instead of what ive listed in my [thought of maybe this, list].
-Would SLI be worth considering?
-Should i consider upgrading CPU? im kinda set on the 2500k but
any comments welcome, if
helpful to me then please write down
-GPU, like to hear any suggestions on this.
-How much RAM?

Looking foward to seeing what response this thread gains. Will really be grateful to anyone that might be able to give me some good advice so that when i get to the stage of upgrading my PC. I'll be very happy with the build :D.

Thanks for taking the time to read my thread, dilemma. :)

Bb

ps-i can have a little leg room lets add with the £500 budget. I think is best i add this so that any thoughts you might have will be greatly appreciated on this thread. near £500 be ok but u know. Less money spent by me the better :p hehe

pcgamers

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
the i5-2500k is the best cpu for gaming currently, because of its potential in oc. For ram get at least 8 gb, and for gpu, the gtx 560 is the best GPU for budget for a while now, on my build it's a gtx 560 with two fans instead of one. MOBO, probably the gigabyte z68, or the asus z68 pro, they are the best for budget psu.

here's my build, that i'm planning to get, it would be great if you can comment on it. It has the mid range to high range quality for gaming totaled at $1244.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/327172-31-first-gaming-build-help

TRENDING THREADS