Sign in with
Your question

‚

Last response: in Systems
November 3, 2011 3:19:15 PM

Can't edit my own thread title -.-

Hey Tom's Hardware folk. I am looking at building a computer (have been since April of this year) and finally the time has come for me to ask your help, unfortunately there are damn floods... But whatever, I want to be able to play all the latest games ate 1920x1080 in their highest detail possible. So I hope you can help me out a bit here.

This is going to be my first build, though i have done some research over the past 6 months.

Approximate Purchase Date: As soon as possible.

Budget Range: 1400€ before rebates (I don't even know if we have them, thats why.)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, video editing, Browsing etc.

Parts Not Required: Mouse, OS, Speakers

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: www.alternate.nl ( www.azerty.nl is also an option, but they are more expensive with most of the stuff other then the CPU, but their prices differ each day.)

Country of Origin: The Netherlands

Parts Preferences: Intel CPU (AMD really didn't do well with Bulldozer, can't believe I waited for that, No preference in GPU's

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: In the future.

Monitor Resolution: I want a 1920x1080 monitor.

Additional Comments: Not much really

€193,- CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K
€309,- GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 570 HD Superclocked
€153,- Motherboard: MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3)
€42,- RAM: Corsair 8 GB DDR3-1600 Kit
€150,- PSU: Corsair CMPSU-850HX
€115,- Case: Antec Nine Hundred Two V3
€70,- Optical Drive: Samsung SH-B123L
€29,- HSF: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus (Yeah, sold out on Alternate so I used Azerty here.)
Monitor: I want a good 24 inch monitor at 1920x1980 resolution, HDMI input would be nice. Anyone know something about monitors and can recommend one?
SSD: Once again, I really have no idea what a good SSD is, so I need some help here.
HDD: Yeah, let's not bother with that right now... Was going to go for two Spinpoint F3s, with with the price increase...
Keyboard: Yes I need that too, I've been looking at the Razer BlackWidow for this.

So far this would put me at €1061,- leaving ~350€ to spend on a monitor, SSD, and HDD (Though I am not bothering with HDD's too much right now, I just need something small to get some games on, whilst not costing too much.) So I want to see what you all can do with this budget, and I may increase it if it has to be done. Then again, you may find some of the things I buy not good, and I can get better stuff, cheaper.

The list above will be changed if I agree with your suggestions/additions.

Thanks in advance for the help.

More about : question

November 3, 2011 3:21:55 PM

Are you kidding me, I can't edit my own message?

What the hell is up with the thread title anyway? What happened to that? It should say "€1400 Gaming PC" ... Mods, need some help here!
November 3, 2011 3:52:45 PM

cutebeans said:
This is what you need. Asus 24". Customer Choice Award. Dunno if it's available there though.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Couldn't find that particular model, I did find this one on Azerty (this is a Newegg link though): ASUS VE248H Which has only 2 ms responsetime, LED-backlighting, and for €185,- I think thats a pretty good deal, thanks for showing me that.

I also found out that Alternate hates Asus monitors (I couldnt find any on their website), thought that was interesting.
November 3, 2011 4:01:22 PM

Wow, that's even better than what I found. Just make sure you can fit it into your budget.
!