Sign in with
Your question

£600 custom built gaming/vfx pc

Last response: in Systems
October 7, 2011 3:59:51 PM

Hi guys,

im looking for some advice on what components to get on a £600 pc. I will be using this computer for gaming, such as wow, starcraft, tf2 but i will progress into more graphical games such as mw3 and bf3. I also like doing montage editing for video's on youtube so i will need a computer that will be able to preview certain parts quickly and also to help render quicker as my current i3 computer with no graphics card! takes forever.

I have searched around a bit and found that the i5 2500k or 2500 is probably the best value for the build im choosing, but i have no idea in my price range what other components to go for, as the last attempt totalled up to £800 :)  So any advice would be GREATLY appreciated thanks

Reece.
a b 4 Gaming
October 7, 2011 4:17:27 PM

i5-2500k -CPU
Asrock Extreme3 Gen3 - Mobo
G.skill ripjaws 8gb - Ram
Samsung Spinpoint f3 - HDD
Corsair 500w - PSU
HD 6870 or 6950 - GPU
Hyper 212+ or Hyper Evo - CPU cool
Case = your choice
DVD drive = your choice

It's kind of like that.
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
October 8, 2011 2:34:29 AM

Yep. You can easily power up a 6870 with a 400w. :)  The 6950 can be with a 500w

Look at this article.
http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-6950-6970-review/1...

What's good about guru3d is that the watts they recommend is always higher than normal consumption since they recommend watts at stressful loads.

Don't get the deal because of the CM PSU, it really sucks.
a b 4 Gaming
October 8, 2011 4:29:03 AM

pro xxx assassin said:
Hi guys,

im looking for some advice on what components to get on a £600 pc. I will be using this computer for gaming, such as wow, starcraft, tf2 but i will progress into more graphical games such as mw3 and bf3. I also like doing montage editing for video's on youtube so i will need a computer that will be able to preview certain parts quickly and also to help render quicker as my current i3 computer with no graphics card! takes forever.

I have searched around a bit and found that the i5 2500k or 2500 is probably the best value for the build im choosing, but i have no idea in my price range what other components to go for, as the last attempt totalled up to £800 :)  So any advice would be GREATLY appreciated thanks

Reece.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advic...
!