Acer S240HLbid 24'' vs Asus VN247H 24''? Please HELP!

Hi can you please help me choose a new monitor? at the min im using a awful dell 1909W monitor. The 2 i want to choose between are the Acer S240HLbid 24'' and the Asus VN247H 24'' i would of instantly bought the acer but i cant find any bad reviews for the asus and alot of people are saying the 1ms response time makes gaming alot better/easier? not sure if thats true or not but i dont really want to pay an extra £40 or more to find out theres no difference. Im open to other ideas my budget is £160 max but if these monitors are no good i might buy the avermedia game capture HD if anyone can recommend it?

Thanks alot.
5 answers Last reply
More about acer s240hlbid asus vn247h
  1. I would get the Acer and save your money , you won't notice any difference between 1ms and 5ms. You'll get the same good display and gameplay as with the Asus and the feedback/reviews are good also.
  2. inzone said:
    I would get the Acer and save your money , you won't notice any difference between 1ms and 5ms. You'll get the same good display and gameplay as with the Asus and the feedback/reviews are good also.

Ok thank you :) ive just found another model of the Acer it has a 2ms response time and i can buy it for a few ££ less than the one i mentioned earlier. Do you think i should buy this or the one i posted earlier?

Acer G246HLB 24 or Acer S240HLbid?
  3. I will say that the more you look the more you'll find and then you may never get a monitor because there are so many models and price ranges to choose from.
    What you should do is sit down and as best you can make a list of the features that you want in the monitor and then see which one will the best price for what you want.
    Then take a quck look at the feedback/reviews to make sure there's nothing that stands out with a lot of people having the same problem and then get it.

Once you get it run it for as long as you can to see if any issues show up in the first 30 days because that's when it's the easiest to make a RMA.
  4. inzone said:
    I will say that the more you look the more you'll find and then you may never get a monitor because there are so many models and price ranges to choose from.
    What you should do is sit down and as best you can make a list of the features that you want in the monitor and then see which one will the best price for what you want.
    Then take a quck look at the feedback/reviews to make sure there's nothing that stands out with a lot of people having the same problem and then get it.

Once you get it run it for as long as you can to see if any issues show up in the first 30 days because that's when it's the easiest to make a RMA.

I have thats how i got to this moment in time lol, asking on tomshardware is my last resort i cant make up my mind...even to the point ive asked my girlfriend lol. All i know is the newest acer i posted has 2ms response time and its around £5 cheaper and the fact ebuyer have a good returns department. Then again id rather buy the best of the 2 right away and not have to mess around having to wait for a refund to buy the other monitor.
  5. Just get the most recent one you posted and you won't be sorry. You'll be enjoying your new monitor instead of posting the question in this forum asking which ome to buy.
    No part , component . device or equipment is immune from being defective , no matter what the cost and who makes it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Flat Panel Monitors Asus Acer Monitors Peripherals