Closed Solved

24" 1080P TV or 1920x1080 Monitor

I am in no way a monitor or TV expert and I'm not going to pretend that I am. So I'm turning to the forums. I'm looking for a monitor / tv that will have double duty. It will be a second monitor for my laptop (VGA or HDMI, no gaming) and it also be for gaming on my Xbox 360 (HDMI).

I've narrowed it down to 2 choices, one local and in stock and the other online.

Insignia 24" LED 1080P TV $150 (can pick up today) and I have a $25 Best Buy Gift Card so it would be $125 + Tax & EWRA

Asus VH236H 23" 1920x1080 LCD Monitor $170 ($150 after rebate card) + Tax & EWRA

My price range is $150 (leaning more towards the TV for the lower price and being able to pick it up locally and having 2 HDMI inputs).
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 1080p 1920x1080 monitor
  1. Best answer
    The Asus is probably the better of the two but there's nothing wrong with going with the Insignia Tv , it will work as a monitor and it's a HD tv so it will give a great picture.
    Plus it makes sense to go with it because you have the $25 gift card and you won't be using it just to buy something it will be used on a nice tv to make the cost less.
  2. I already have a Samsung 1920x1080 LED Monitor on my Desktop gaming rig that's just for the computer. So whatever I get would be for gaming on the 360 (don't hate, it's a good time waster) and for normal web browsing, email, watching videos and word processing.

I'm also leaning towards the TV because it has dual HDMI inputs, so I can run an HDMI from my laptop and an HDMI from my 360 and use the TV's speakers for both simply by switching inputs.
  3. Well there you go , as I said it makes more sense to go with the tv because of the gift card making the price lower so with your added reasons it sounds like a done deal. When do you pick it up ?
  4. Well, I went out and got the Insignia 24" 1080p TV and I'm VERY happy with it. It's good with emails and websites (text seems a little jagged) but it's phenomenal with movies, videos and games (xbox 360).

All in all, $150 - $25 gift card + $8 Recycle Fee + $9.86 Taxes = $142.86 for a 1920x1080 LED TV that is doubling as my laptops second screen and my Xbox 360's screen.
  5. Best answer selected by dscudella.
  6. Goog luck and enjoy your monitor.
Ask a new question

Read More

Flat Panel Monitors TV Monitors Peripherals