Gaming Build £300-£400 ($500-$650)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Approximate Purchase Date: Beginning of April

Budget Range: £300-£400 = $500 - $650

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS, hard drive, GPU, cd drive

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: www.ebuyer.com www.scan.co.uk www.amazon.co.uk www.aria.co.uk www.pixmania.co.uk etc..

Country of Origin: England

Parts Preferences: by brand or type no preference

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080 (Ben Q G2420HD)

Additional Comments: been looking around and dont know whether to stick with either the I3 550 or the AMD 955 BE, or to invest within the sandy bridge cpu's..?

Thanks
Matt

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10 answers Last reply
More about gaming build 300 400 500 650
  1. What video card do you have?
  2. NVidia 9500GT, which needs to be changed at some point. Was thinking either the GTX 460, or the Radeon 6850.
  3. Thanks, this is a good set up. If i look about i should be able to get something like this for £30-£40 cheaper hopefully. I think i will invest in a 560TI after.
  4. I would recommend GTX 460 (768mb or 1gb depending on your budget) or HD 5770/5830. 560Ti is still overpriced IMHO.
  5. Would you recommend the GTX 460 or the 6850? thanks for the help so far you two :)
  6. Thanks :) .
    just a quick question about that PSU. is that the best for that price, just that I can a lot of 600/650W PSU's at the same price..?
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems