Samsung 226BW - stuck asleep??

jlundell

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
I've had my computer for about 10 months now with no issues, but just today I went to turn it back on (I hibernate my computer when I'm not using it and always power my monitor off) the computer turned back on but my monitor didn't.

When I turn my monitor on now all it does is cycle through digital and analog inputs until it finally settles on digital and then screen goes black and the power button blinks blue. I've had it running for about 20 minutes now and my monitor power light is still blinking. I'm thinking of leaving it on overnight to see if it wakes itself up or if it's probably just toast?
I've found other similar posts but none have a definitive answer as to what could be causing this problem?

Things I've tried: plugging into other video card, swapping cards between pci-e slots, moving ram sticks around, unplugging for about an ~hour and trying again, leaving it on for ~20 minutes (still going).

I just want to make sure this is for sure a monitor issue before I go buy a new one only to find out it's something else.

Thanks.

Aug 6, 2013

Not everyone has a spare computer or spare monitor hanging around.

Rush out and spend a few hundred bucks to check something?

Not everyone lives in a city and has friends with spare computers you can test your stuff on.

True, but there is no other way to test things to see if they are working. If you have a way of testing it without a known good part, you should add it to the post. It was already tried with different video cards, it could be the motherboard, it could be the monitor, how to find out which it is? Could even be the power supply.

TRENDING THREADS