Asus VS229H-P  ?

dunnite

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
hello guys I'm looking to buy this monitor from asus the Asus VS229H-P, and was wondering if anyone have any experience or opinion for this model, thank you! This will be general use, some gaming and photo editing work.

LadySketch

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015

This is a little late but I just got this monitor.

I love it. I bought it for both ISP and 2ms Greyscale feature because I do a lot of artwork and I am a gamer. The colors are amazing. I can see a difference between my older monitor and this one. Games aren't too noticeable simply because some games simply have better graphics in them than others and my Dell monitor is surprisingly outstanding still. In games with good graphics, it looks great. Artwork looks amazing on it.

Finding drivers for this monitor is kind of hellish. I recently found a basic VS229 driver for Windows 8 so now Windows recognizes the monitor versus plug n play variety. The ASUS website only has a multi-panel software that pops for drivers for that monitor. I found that software useless. Unless I'm just overlooking something, I can't find a driver other than that one I mention.

I do however have a flicker where the taskbar would be on my secondary monitor (Dell). I'm not sure what the problem is, i'm currently working on updating all drivers to see if it resolves. It started when I got the Asus VS229H-P monitor but I think it is just a driver conflict. I've read others with same issue and same video card AMD Radeon Sapphire HD 7970. The flicker only happens when I open a browser.

My Specs:
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
CPU: AMD FX 8350 8-Core 4.0 GHZ
Videocard: AMD Radeon Sapphire HD 7970
Monitor one: ASUS VS229H-P 22 inch
Monitor two: Dell ST2220L 21.5 inch

I have since found a solution to the flickering taskbar when opening a browser. I went into the main monitor (VS229H-P) settings and set scaling to zero. This has stopped the flickering that was happening. I had updated drivers already except for the monitor itself which I cannot find besides the generic VS229 driver which I am using and it is fine.

ArsenixShirogon

Reputable
May 21, 2015

Where did you find the basic drivers? I can't even seem to find those