livinus88

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
Hi all,

I don't know much about computers (though I've been doing some reading on this site recently), which is why I need your help ;)

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: august 2010

BUDGET RANGE: €900-€1100 (I need an OS with this, so probably €1000 at most for the system)

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Autodesk products (Autocad 2011, Autocad Civil 3D 2011, Revit Architecture 2011), Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Office, Internet... No gaming.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: I plan on buying the system here: http://www.alternate.be/html/pcbuilder/circleView.html?cn=1&tn=BUILDERS

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Belgium

OVERCLOCKING: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: Samsung SyncMaster P2250 (1920x1080)

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:
I'm mainly going to use this pc for autocad, both 2D and 3D. I also do some webdesign and image editing in my spare time, but CAD applications are the main focus.

What CPU should I go for? I read Intel has the best performance out there, but maybe in my price range a better priced AMD would be a better option? And would autocad benefit from multi-core CPU's? I think Photoshop would, but I'm not sure about autocad.

Does investing in an SSD boost performance a lot? Or would it be a better idea to stick to a normal HD and spend the money on other components?
The Western Digital SSC-D0064SC-2100 looks tempting at €140 for a 64GB SSD (250 MB/s read and 170 MB/s write).

Additionally I'd like the system to be quiet, since I have to study in the same room. I read that the Antec Sonata or the Cooler Master Sileo are good options?

Thanks in advance for your help!

P.S.: I wanted to post this with the title '€1000 desktop autocad system' but apparently something went wrong. Sorry about that...