deathil93

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2010
Hi,

I got this realy weird problem. About a week ago my screen started to go realy dark for no reason. I tried connecting it to my 2nd computer and it worked like a charm. Later, I ruled out a PC side problem by connecting the computer to 2 seperate TVs using HDMI and my 2nd monitor using VGA.
My original (the dark one) monitor is connected via DVI. I have seriously no idea what the problem is and quite frankly it is driving me insane.

The GFX card is a Sapphire AMD HD6850 1GB and the monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster B2330.

I tried using different connections and even bumped up the brightness to 100 to no outcome. Another thing is that when I lower the brightness to 0 it flashes like hell, as in like you put the Hz level too low, but much more frequent.

Thanks for the answers :)

This would be an odd issue with the DVI port or cable, but you have the only thing left here to test. Try another monitor on the DVI connection. Or does that monitor also get dark on the VGA connection also?

Did you happen to install any type of power saver program lately? I've seen issues where a power manager set the monitor brightness to low and had to change it back.

deathil93

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2010

I went to a computer lab and they tested the PC (it was plugged in using DVI). The picture was clear as the sky. Also I do not have any power saving programs. The lab guy told me to come back with the monitor and the PC together to test them out, sadly I don't have time for now so I'm stuck with a fk'd up image :\

deathil93

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2010

I played some GTA SA on the 2nd computer while it was plugged in, also watched some YouTube videos.

deathil93

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2010

Update, turns out it's the monitor after all. Damn TFT LCDs break like a glass bottle. The lab will check if it's fixable, if it's not gotta buy a new :pfff:

Thanks for the help man

cllaer

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012
The picture was clear as the sky. Also I do not have any power saving programs.
g.gif

TRENDING THREADS