Gunnar Glasses

MagicPants

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2006
If it's slight flickering it's probably okay. It sounds like the gunnars do two things: tint everything amber, and magnify the screen a little.

You can probably get better results by simply selecting a warmer tone in your monitor's presets, and making sure your eye glass prescription is up to date. If you don't wear eyeglass, maybe you need to (no offense).

Another issue with 27" screens is that they are either 1920x1080 or 2560x1440. If it's the lower res, no worries, that means bigger text and it's easier to read. But if it's the higher res, that means the text might be too small. A 27" at 2560x1440 has the highest pixel density of any standard monitor, so this problem is unique to them. If this is the case, try tweaking up the size of your fonts in windows.

Alyus

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012

You're are helpful. I too was going to buy one of those really expensive Gunnar glasses/w prescription, but with your advise, on Firefox, I just hit on Ctrl and + or - and the text is much larger, but I just did it right now, so lets see if I get eye fatigue or not. This is my first 23.6" 1980p monitor so the text was really really tiny.

TRENDING THREADS