olivierhacking

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009
Hi everyone,
I am planning on buying the LG D2342P-PN monitor, which is a passive 3D monitor. I have read many times passive 3D halves the screen resolution, but videos of this monitor show a full HD 3D image?? Can someone please explain this, because I thought only active 3D is full HD.
Thank you!

olivierhacking

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009

Ah, ok- thanks for the info! :) I will probably buy an active 3D monitor, namely the Samsung S23A700D

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

it is a good solution for 3D content movies/internet.

Just warning if you are in need of gaming with 3D vision. i don't think this is a 3D Vision Ready Monitor. so for gaming it will not work with 3D Vision, you will have to use iz3D,DDD same thing AMD users get for 3D, i don't know if that is what you want, but if it is you know now.

if you want a NVIDIA 3D Ready monitor check this list:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-displays.html

olivierhacking

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009

I was first thinking of getting a 3D vision 2 display, namely the Acer GN245HQ. Problem is, it is no longer available here in Belgium (or Europe, except for extremely high prices). I am thinking of gaming in 3D, maybe you live in Europe and you know where to get this monitor for a reasonable price, thanks!
Would you not recommend the Samsung for 3D gaming at all?

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
I live in brazil, so i have no idea where you can get, i actually didn't find my xl2410t on any market over here, i was looking for 3D vision 2 also, xl2420T but no way to find an avaible around here, and Benq told me just on april i think...

Well maybe some other people here on forum can help you find a store.

About the samsung displays, the only recommended by nvidia is the Sync Master 2233rz, look at this list you can see everething.

Look at the list of monitors and see what you can find over there in europe, 3d Vision 2 has some improvements yes, but if you don't find any, go and take 3D Vision 1 it still much better than any other stuff on the market.

Here is the list again: http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-displays.html just see if the display is there before buying it.