Got £400 to spend on a machine

brisk

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
I have £400 to spend on a desktop as im sick of getting laptops that break etc! I just need the desktop nothing else.

My main use is just surfing web, messaging, running winamp. I do the odd music conversion and use the odd heavy applications like photoshop or premier pro.

I spend A LOT of my time on a computer so i need something that can just be solid when running multiple tasks.

I only play games however from time to time i like to play Modern Warfare 2 and World of Warcraft/Final Fantasy 11/Lord Of The Rings online. Just want something that will handle these quite nicely and anything in the future okay. Will most likely play more games if i had the machine to do it!

I am doing an ICT degree but i dont know anything about the market anymore so thats why i ask. I can get windows 64 bit for free as I am a computing student.

I would like a small little thing like Micro ATX but someone told me that that cost a lot more money? i would be up for paying a bit more but if i can get A LOT more performance from a desktop for the price for smallness then i'm willing to compromise.

Considering this a big investment! £400, would like to see what you guys can come up with!

THANK YOU FOR PUTTING TIME IN!!!!

Ed

p.s my previous comp was an Acer Aspire 5920g