Sign in with
Your question

First time builder looking for help on a spec for about £450

Last response: in Systems
January 10, 2010 2:44:46 PM

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Somewhere between now and the middle of February, more time = more money to spend, earlier means I get new toys faster!

BUDGET RANGE: £400 - 450 After Rebates

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Online Gaming DDO mainly, Gaming, not had anything new for a while!, internet surfing, occasional simple office work

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Monitor (I have a 19" I plan to use though will probably get a new one next year), Keyboard, mouse, speakers

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Overclockers, mesh whoever else people reccomend

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: United Kingdom

PARTS PREFERENCES: not fussed by brand

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe - only if its very easy and safe SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No -not looking at that high spec

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:
Don't care about how it looks it'll be hidden under a desk.
Reasonably quiet would be good as I play in the same room as the GF watching TV (but if she can put up with me shouting into the mic she can cope with fan noise).
First time building a PC so straightforward is good.

Currently on this from following the guideline builds looking at what I can get hold of from overclockers

AMD Phenom II X2 Dual Core 550 3.10GHz Black Edition (Socket AM3) -

Corsair 4GB (2X2GB) DDR3 PC3-10666C9 1333MHz Dual Channel Kit (CMV4GX3M2A1333C9) -

Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4650 1024MB DDR2 PCI-Express Graphics Card -

Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB SATA-II 16MB Cache - OEM (HD502HJ)

Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S2H AMD 740G (Socket AM3/AM2+) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2 CPU Cooler (Socket 939 / AM2 / AM3 / 775 / 1156 / 1366)

No sentimental attachment to any of these choices it's only changed from the budget PC when I couldn't get the same parts. Not that good at exchange rates but I think I'm looking at a PC about 1/2 way between the Bargain and Budget PCs.

More about : time builder spec 450

January 10, 2010 2:47:20 PM

Forgot to include that I need to get an OS in that as well, think I can get a copy of Windows 7 for about £60 - so that leaves £390 for the parts.

Thanks in advance!
!