Monitor best for build & 3d compatible w/ PS3

Emef

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
Hi. I have been putting together a new machine from scratch online for weeks now and was literally just about to hit "buy" when I decided to make sure that my 3D monitor would work with my PS3. Of course, I found some info that says that it probably won't and so I've just spent hours trying to find the best value one that would work.

Admittedly, I'm pretty ignorant with most of this stuff and I've had a buddy of mine helping me with this build - but been reading stuff over here at Tom's for months now in preparation for this new machine (so incredibly helpful, by the way). Anyway, hoping you guys could help me out with this.

Here is the most relevant info:

Mobo: ASRock Z68 PROFESSIONAL GEN3
Video card: GeForce GTX 570
Display 1 (for productivity): Dell UltraSharp U2412M

Original plans for Display 2 (for media/gaming): Planar SA2311W w/ NVIDIA 3D Vision Kit - would still love to go this way if it will work!

I know Acer offers a couple w/ HDMI 1.4 that would work but the HN274H is too expensive and the HS244HQ is not good for anything but PS3 & external media. I'm' having trouble finding a list or solid reviews of compatible displays. Any recommendations? Point in the right direction? There must be a list or chart somewhere, right?

Thanks so much!