Anybody know how to tilt a Samsung S23A300B 23" Monitor?

daman40k

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
So I exchanged my crappy Acer 232HL for a Samsung S23A300B 23" LED. It's great but I was wondering if anybody knew how to tilt this monitor "down" a bit? I also can't help but feel the monitor has a really faint grainy view to it. Am I being paranoid here? Thanks!

acer0169

Distinguished
A lot of monitors that support tilting but aren't easy to move just need a snap into place. It's scary doing it - but I've had new monitors that you need to snap up to get them to tilt - sounds like you break something when you do it but it's normally just that the monitors are fixed in place with dust and shmuck from the factory they were built in.

Regarding the grainy view, you could try playing with monitor settings, monitor calibration (win7) and resolutions, if you're still getting a grainy look then it might just be the difference from your old monitor.

daman40k

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011

Yeah, I figured it might be the difference with my old monitor because my old Acer monitor also had this problem. Although, do you have any idea why the right side of both my monitors warm up within an hour? I've heard LED monitors usually don't heat up at all and my friend with a similar monitor (both SyncMaster, his is bigger) says he doesn't have this effect.

capfrey

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
I'm guessing that I may have an idea about the graininess you are speaking of. Although depending on the media source you are speaking of, it could me a matter or video resolution, however assuming this is not the case, I have noticed a graininess of a sort that I did not see with another 23" LCD/LED (AOC), when compared to this 23" Samsung. I'm not sure how this occurs technically, but it seems that the video almost has a random "pixelization" like the grain from films pre-digital. I'm not sure what this is about, but video on the screen looks stellar compared to the AOC (not saying much), and compared to other NEC and Samung LCD (Non LED) monitors that I've owned. Guess that doesnt answer anything for ya, but perhaps we are in are in agreement that we are seeing the same thing....?