Sharp Aquous 32" LCD vs JVC 37" Black Crystal 3000 LCD for PC Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobm9

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
Im trying to decide which LCD HDTV to buy to use as my computer monitor. Both are 1080p. I plan to play games along with normal computer use. I have heard that maybe the 37" JVC will look pixelated b/c of its size. I can get the Sharp on Craigslist for $275 and the JVC at Costco for $350. Will connect thru HDMI.

Specs= i7 2700k OC at 4.5 ghz, evga gtx 570 OC, 16 gb ram, 850w psu, 120 gb ocz vertex ssd.

Thanks, Jacob

nurgletheunclean

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
Im trying to decide which LCD HDTV to buy to use as my computer monitor. Both are 1080p. I plan to play games along with normal computer use. I have heard that maybe the 37" JVC will look pixelated b/c of its size. I can get the Sharp on Craigslist for $275 and the JVC at Costco for $350. Will connect thru HDMI.

Specs= i7 2700k OC at 4.5 ghz, evga gtx 570 OC, 16 gb ram, 850w psu, 120 gb ocz vertex ssd.

Thanks, Jacob

I can't speak to the sharp. I have a sharp 60" in my living room and I love it but not the 32" so I can't comment.

However I did just pick up that exact JVC from Costco and used it to replace my 32" sceptre that I used for a monitor.

In costco the JVC looked good but I was a bit skeptical how well it would work as a monitor. I was pleasantly surprised. Honestly this TV works GREAT as a monitor! Much better than the sceptre I replaced. And for a ccfl backlit display it's extra impressive, color and light uniformity is great. Colors are very rich and games like BF3 look awesome. Size is ideal. 37" feels much bigger than 32". I have tried 42" displays as a monitor but the dot pitch just gets to be too big. The 37" for me hits the real sweet spot for immersion and tolerable dot pitch. Contrast on this screen is very good again especially for a CCFL I think this TV will hold it's own against most LEDs, and will be better than most/all comparably priced 37" LEDs. 5ms response time is just fine for gaming, i use this with an hd5870 and response time is plenty fast enough. No panel buzz, no dead pixels, good black levels, and very rich colors make for a terrific gaming monitor. I use it with external speakers/headphones so I can't comment on the sound but they are supposed to be very good as well.

Plus it's Costco so how can you go wrong, 90 day return policy on TVs. Though I am pretty sure you will decide to keep this bad boy, I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.